21.5 Gallons / 81 Liters

ENGINE OIL w/FILTER
2.0L Engine
5 Quarts / 4.73 Liters

3.6L Engine
5 Quarts / 4.73 Liters

COOLING SYSTEM*
2.0L Engine
(Mopar Antifreeze/Engine Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula or equivalent)
9.9 Quarts / 9.4 Liters

2.0L Engine
Intercooler without Motor Generator Unit (MGU) (Mopar Antifreeze/Engine Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula or equivalent)
3.2 Quarts / 3.0 Liters

2.0L Engine
Intercooler with Motor Generator Unit (MGU) (Mopar Antifreeze/Engine Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula or equivalent)
3.5 Quarts / 3.3 Liters

2.0L Battery
Coolant (Mopar Antifreeze/Engine Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula or equivalent)
2.5 Quarts / 2.4 Liters

3.6L Engine
(Mopar Antifreeze/Engine Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula or equivalent)
10.7 Quarts / 10.1 Liters

3.6L Motor
Generator Unit (MGU) (Mopar Antifreeze/Engine Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula or equivalent)
1.9 Quarts / 1.8 Liters

3.6L Battery
Coolant (Mopar Antifreeze/Engine Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula or equivalent)
2.5 Quarts / 2.4 Liters

* Includes coolant recovery bottle filled to MAX level.

FLUIDS AND LUBRICANTS

ENGINE
Engine Coolant We recommend you use Mopar Antifreeze/Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile

Formula OAT (Organic Additive Technology) or equivalent meeting the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS.90032.

Intercooler/Motor Generator Unit (if equipped) We recommend you use Mopar Antifreeze/Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula OAT (Organic Additive Technology) or equivalent meeting the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS.90032.

Battery Coolant (if equipped) We recommend you use Mopar Antifreeze/Coolant 10 Year/150,000 Mile Formula OAT (Organic Additive Technology) or equivalent meeting the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS.90032.

Engine Oil — 2.0L Engine We recommend you use API Certified SAE 5W-30 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil, meeting the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS-13340 such as Mopar, Pennzoil, and Shell Helix. Refer to your engine oil filler cap for correct SAE grade.

Engine Oil — 3.6L Engine We recommend you use API Certified SAE 0W-20 Engine Oil, meeting the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS-6395 such as Mopar, Pennzoil, and Shell Helix. Refer to your engine oil filler cap for correct SAE grade.

Engine Oil Filter We recommend you use Mopar Engine Oil Filter or equivalent.

Spark Plugs We recommend you use Mopar Spark Plugs.

Fuel Selection — 2.0L Engine 87 Octane Minimum – 91 Octane Recommended, 0-15% Ethanol.

Fuel Selection — 3.6L Engine 87 Octane, 0-15% Ethanol.

CHASSIS
Automatic Transmission – If Equipped Use only Mopar ZF 8&9 Speed ATF Automatic Transmission Fluid or equivalent. Failure to use the correct fluid may affect the function or performance of your transmission.

Manual Transmission – If Equipped We recommend you use Mopar ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid.

Transfer Case We recommend you use Mopar ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid.

186 FBI (Model 30) - Front Axle
MOPAR Gear & Axle Lubricant (SAE 80W-90) (API GL-5)
1.82 Pints/0.86 Liters

210 FBI (Model 44) - Front Axle
MOPAR Gear & Axle Lubricant (SAE 80W-90) (API GL-5)
2.18 Pints/1.03 Liters

200 RBI (Model 44) - Rear Axle
MOPAR Gear & Axle Lubricant (SAE 80W-90) (API GL-5) or equivalent.
For trailer towing, use MOPAR Synthetic Gear & Axle Lubricant (SAE 75W-140).
Models equipped with Trac-Lok require an additive.
2.43 Pints/1.15 Liters

220 RBI (Model 44) Rear Axle – EDL
3.06 Pints/1.45 Liters

220 RBI (Model 44) Rear Axle – T/L
3.02 Pints/1.43 Liters

Brake Master Cylinder We recommend you use Mopar DOT 3 Brake Fluid, SAE J1703. If DOT 3, SAE J1703 brake fluid is not available, then DOT 4 is acceptable.

Power Steering Reservoir We recommend you use Mopar Power Steering Fluid +4, Mopar ATF+4 Automatic Transmission Fluid.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Down to 5qts oil and now 0w-20 instead of 5w-20. Hmm thoughts about this?

Oil is getting thinner and thinner due to tighter tolerances and to help meet emissions standards. That being said, I'd be lying if I said that this doesn't concern me especially when it comes to how things hold up in the long run.

silverbullet88

Oil is getting thinner and thinner due to tighter tolerances and to help meet emissions standards. That being said, I'd be lying if I said that this doesn't concern me especially when it comes to how things hold up in the long run.

Yeah, I was thinking it was for mpg purposes

old8tora

Conventional is superior , so there .

Most people I know use synthetic as it is.

I don't use synthetic because my JK and I are both genuine , ; and I see no reason why I cannot use conventional . In fact , conventional moves my Jeep forward in drive , when I take my foot off the brake . Plus my 3.6 is soundless . So there .:wings:

Sipafz

I don't use synthetic because my JK and I are both genuine , ; and I see no reason why I cannot use conventional . In fact , conventional moves my Jeep forward in drive , when I take my foot off the brake . Plus my 3.6 is soundless . So there .:wings:

Interesting comment [emoji848] or maybe just weird? Unfortunately, I don’t know of any oil manufacturer that makes a pure conventional 0w20. Maybe you know something that we don’t?

Just means that you must use synthetic... no option now. And so the cheaper oil change just went out the window. Good thing I do my own.

Not true! I currently use Quakerstate conventional 5w20 in my 2016. 6 quarts runs about $19 since they rip you on the single quart. 5 quarts of Quakerstate 0w20 full synthetic runs about $21. The capacity was changed from 6 to 5 quarts, so the difference is not as big as you might think.

JK4Life

Not true! I currently use Quakerstate conventional 5w20 in my 2016. 6 quarts runs about $19 since they rip you on the single quart. 5 quarts of Quakerstate 0w20 full synthetic runs about $21. The capacity was changed from 6 to 5 quarts, so the difference is not as big as you might think.

In Canada our availability is a little different, but if you go to the dealership, they aren’t giving you the 5 quart jug price. For our Renegade TH, I nearly flipped out when they charged us $160 for a 0W20 oil change, with the oil priced @ $15/L. I’m assuming that they will probably recommend the same oil - so unless you are providing your own oil, you will get ripped as they push their recommended oil at above-market rates.

But it’s awesome to see they have it down to 5 L - that extra L always was a pain and where you got hammered.

Sipafz

In Canada our availability is a little different, but if you go to the dealership, they aren’t giving you the 5 quart jug price. For our Renegade TH, I nearly flipped out when they charged us $160 for a 0W20 oil change, with the oil priced @ $15/L. I’m assuming that they will probably recommend the same oil - so unless you are providing your own oil, you will get ripped as they push their recommended oil at above-market rates.

But it’s awesome to see they have it down to 5 L - that extra L always was a pain and where you got hammered.

Wow, that’s insane to charge $15L, but not surprising from the dealership. I don’t even have a real good sense of what dealerships charge for oil changes around here as I have never paid for one. Anyway, it’s not something I’m going to have to worry about since a JL won’t be in my future until 2021 or 2022.

old8tora

That's why they call it a Stealership

That's why they call it a stealership ; but your dealer is the Gigantic Stealership . Hey Buddy , why don't you find an experienced independent Jeep mechanic ?:cool:

old8tora

Jeeps are not synthetic ; they are genuine .

Interesting comment [emoji848] or maybe just weird? Unfortunately, I don’t know of any oil manufacturer that makes a pure conventional 0w20. Maybe you know something that we don’t?

Actually I am weird ; I use 5w20 conventional in my JK , and when I hear the guys talk about synthetics , I ask : " do you drink synthetic beer "? No one Needs synthetics , in my opinion . I don't like synthetic girls , either ; I'll take a genuine one any day .:cool:

JK4Life

That's why they call it a stealership ; but your dealer is the Gigantic Stealership . Hey Buddy , why don't you find an experienced independent Jeep mechanic ?:cool:

That’s why we started doing it on our own[emoji6]

We brought our own oil to the ‘Gigantic Stealership’ while it was still under warranty, but then switched over to keeping documentation and doing in the garage afterwards. Nice thing is both the Renny and the JK are high enough that you don’t need to worry about jacking it up to get under.

Does anyone know the gear oil published capacity of the differentials? I swapped my rear fluid out yesterday (I was bored and had quite a stash of synthetic gear lube left over from the JK and other vehicles). It held only around a quart and a half. That's almost a full quart less than the JK Dana 44 takes. I'm also wondering what the front will hold? I won't change it, even when bored, because the JK front gear oil looked brand new after 30k miles.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know the gear oil published capacity of the differentials? I swapped my rear fluid out yesterday (I was bored and had quite a stash of synthetic gear lube left over from the JK and other vehicles). It held only around a quart and a half. That's almost a full quart less than the JK Dana 44 takes. I'm also wondering what the front will hold? I won't change it, even when bored, because the JK front gear oil looked brand new after 30k miles.

That sounds about right. So long as you filled until the fluid came out of the fill hole, you should have what is needed.

JIMBOX

:D Remember in the rear Diff. you should fill it--then drive around the block and when you uncork the "FILL" plug--you should have to add some more--

The rear axles will take some of the FLUID from your first fill--

W.E.

JIMBO