e-Locker pigtail Fox..

Guys. When installing my lift, I forgot to unplug the locker control from the front Diff... needless to say, I pulled the wires out. You can’t just buy the pigtail. Anyone have similar issues and what did y’all do to correct.... wheeling next weekend, so want to get this fixed ASAP.

IMG_2876.JPGIMG_2875.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Rgk401

Ok. I looked at the instructions and it was saying how to hook it up to the Auxs... that’s what made me question it... I’ll look at the wires when I get back to my Jeep and see if it’s 2 or 4. Thank you sir.

If you watch the jlx video on YouTube,part one Mel had to do that to his Jeep. He bought new locker harness and wired it to the factory switch panel. But on the jl it’s a 2 wire deal. I’m going to try and find a mopar part number for you.

13_gecko_rubi

That harness is for wiring the Rubicon Axles to a non Rubicon. It will not work on yours. The JL has "intelligent" feedback sensors. It will throw codes and disable front locker if you don't have all 4 wires there.

Sent via....

13_gecko_rubi

Also there is no repair connector so if you have to buy the whole harness I bet it is $300+ like he said. Can probably find cheaper online if you can get the pn.

Sent via....

Rgk401

That harness is for wiring the Rubicon Axles to a non Rubicon. It will not work on yours. The JL has "intelligent" feedback sensors. It will throw codes and disable front locker if you don't have all 4 wires there.

Sent via....

I don’t believe that’s all correct. I’m going to upload a video to YouTube tomorrow and I’ll post a link. I did the same exact thing to a customers Jeep JL this weekend. He wanted to be able to use his rear locker in 4h so we wired them to his six switch. Everything works fine. We went ahead and wired up the front locker to the aux switch and the sway bar to the six switch. As of 7pm this afternoon he had no check engine lights on.

13_gecko_rubi

I don’t believe that’s all correct. I’m going to upload a video to YouTube tomorrow and I’ll post a link. I did the same exact thing to a customers Jeep JL this weekend. He wanted to be able to use his rear locker in 4h so we wired them to his six switch. Everything works fine. We went ahead and wired up the front locker to the aux switch and the sway bar to the six switch. As of 7pm this afternoon he had no check engine lights on.

You completely unplugged the axle harness from the Jeep and re ran the outter two wires to the aux switch? Or you left the two center wires in n the axle and just redid the two outters? Has he tried using the locker? The JL axles, the feedback sensor is a rheostat. It expects to see a current draw due to resistance locked or open. The resistance changes as the locker moves. Every person I know who has unhooked them has had issues but every one of those people that I know tried the front. No one tried the rear that I know personally.

Also next time just get a tazer. Much easier than voiding the warranty on the locker moving it to aux switch.

Sent via....

Rgk401

You completely unplugged the axle harness from the Jeep and re ran the outter two wires to the aux switch? Or you left the two center wires in n the axle and just redid the two outters? Has he tried using the locker? The JL axles, the feedback sensor is a rheostat. It expects to see a current draw due to resistance locked or open. The resistance changes as the locker moves. Every person I know who has unhooked them has had issues but every one of those people that I know tried the front. No one tried the rear that I know personally.

Also next time just get a tazer. Much easier than voiding the warranty on the locker moving it to aux switch.

Sent via....

This was a mule Jeep he bought from auction. It’s a 2018 with 98k miles lmfao. He was having a problem with his front locker not working. He would try to turn the lockers on but a service light would come on. So after some research and testing a few things the locker harness had a short in one of the wires. So he bought a new front and rear harness and rant the wire to the auxiliary switch. Everything now works great. He has no check engine lights. We also wired the swaybar to the aux switch as well. That way he can be in 2wd with the rear locked and have the sway bars disconnected. I’m compiling a video “it’s not the best” but I’ll show how we did it.

13_gecko_rubi

This was a mule Jeep he bought from auction. It’s a 2018 with 98k miles lmfao. He was having a problem with his front locker not working. He would try to turn the lockers on but a service light would come on. So after some research and testing a few things the locker harness had a short in one of the wires. So he bought a new front and rear harness and rant the wire to the auxiliary switch. Everything now works great. He has no check engine lights. We also wired the swaybar to the aux switch as well. That way he can be in 2wd with the rear locked and have the sway bars disconnected. I’m compiling a video “it’s not the best” but I’ll show how we did it.

Ah cool. Will wait for the video. I'm amazed it doesn't have "service axle system" messages with the axles unplugged.

How did you wire the sway bar to an aux switch? The sway bar is controlled via CAN message and is a smart module. Did you wire directly to the internal motor? I'm curious as I would love to do this to mine, just didn't feel like buying one as an expensive science project. I have enough of those lol.

Sent via....