If you think saving the planet is nonsense then I wish you would move to another one

Should Bill Arnett shut up and leave?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

JTCO

Meme King
If you think levying taxes is the same as stealing you have a very different idea of democracy than I do.

Our country is a REPUBLIC, NOT a democracy. Don't forget that.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Once again, you and your regime FORCIBLY stealing MY money is theft and financial RAPE. I do not believe in your bullshit fairytale, so don't fucking impose it on me.

That is not taxation. Taxation is everyone that drives on the road pays a road tax. Financial rape and tyranny is forcing people to do your bidding even if they don't agree with it.

If you stick your dick in the mouth of a girl that's passed out at a party, that is not democracy. I know this is tough for you to understand, but it's just plain evil, immoral, and wrong.

BillArnett

Thing that climate control people don't what you to know or think about......
Actually, it is important to understand this point. But it's not as simple as it seems...

I live in Michigan. How was Michigan created.....There was an Ice Age. Glaciers carved the Great Lakes when the world was much colder than it is today. The climate of the earth changed and the earth warmed up causing the Glaciers to melt. Follow me here....The earth warmed up, glaciers melted and more water covered the earth and sea levels rose. If you have watched even a few of Eddies, videos, you will see him off road in dried up lake beds all over in the western states. Not one or two, many of them. Meaning that the water receded.

Now back to Michigan. Michigan, thousands of years ago was tropical as well as many other northern states.....How do we know this. Well real scientist have dug up fossils of animals and plants that could only survive in tropical conditions in northern states. So therefore Michigan with it's record snow fall in parts of the U.P. used to be a warm climate.

How is it that Michigan has been covered with glaciers and been a tropical climate? Well the answer is real easy, there is climate change. It is a natural thing.

Right..

It does not take much reading to find that they predict that at our current rate of temperature change, the climate scientist believe that the temperature of the earth will increase about 2 degrees over the next fifty years. Well to get the tropical weather back in MIchigan, we really need to step up our game.

Well, the rate at which the changes will occur given the various scenarios of CO2 emissions is a matter of considerable uncertainty and debate. You've quoted the BEST CASE given an immediate and rapid decline in CO2 emissions. It could be much worse.

And you really don't want to live in a world where Michigan is tropical. That about what that means for the billions of people now living in the tropics: they'll be heading north. And you think we have an immigration problem now!

...The climate will change. We will adapt to the change or we will go extinct. We are not immune to it just as no life is. Adapt or die, the climate will change. It has in the past, it is in the present and it will in the future...
So while we would like to think that we are all powerful, we will not stop climate change.

While it's true that there have been major climate shifts in the past what's different this time is the rate at which the change is occurring and hence the timescale over which we need to adapt. The ice age cycles took thousands of years. Our event is happening in just decades. Yeah, we will adapt. We have the ability to significantly affect the climate (as the past data clearly shows); we have the ability to reverse that in the future if we choose to do so. No matter which path we choose the costs will be very large. The longer we wait to take action the more it will cost. But those costs are coming this century not spread out over the next 10,000 years.

BillArnett

...the majority of people believe human influence of the weather to be a fairly tale? ...

About 2/3 of Americans believe climate change is a serious problem and the nation needs to take action:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/consensus-emerges-climate-change-debate-n950646

The whole article is actually pretty interesting. It's all about the partisan divide, not the real issue. (As is the case in many other areas.)

nbc ?
Gtfo

Shooting the messenger doesn't change the message.

Yes, because NBC isn't biased towards the left.

The same study referenced by NBC was reported by most of the other "mainstream" media. (Though I couldn't find it on Fox :) They're just reporting what the pollster found; there's no bias there. You can find the original poll report by clicking on the references. But maybe you don't believe that poll, either? Polls are notoriously unreliable. But they're not usually off by more than a few percent; it would have to be unusually bad to go from 2/3 to less than a majority.

Anyway, if you don't believe it it's not that hard to do your own poll. Just ask the question to 1000 randomly dialed phone numbers (you'll have to dial 10,000 to get 1000 responses though).

JTCO

Meme King
The same study referenced by NBC was reported by most of the other "mainstream" media. (Though I couldn't find it on Fox :) They're just reporting what the pollster found; there's no bias there. You can find the original poll report by clicking on the references. But maybe you don't believe that poll, either? Polls are notoriously unreliable. But they're not usually off by more than a few percent; it would have to be unusually bad to go from 2/3 to less than a majority.

Anyway, if you don't believe it it's not that hard to do your own poll. Just ask the question to 1000 randomly dialed phone numbers (you'll have to dial 10,000 to get 1000 responses though).

And all major media outlets are totally independent, non-biased, and have no funding from private interest groups that support the leprechaun/pot of gold/rainbow theory, so we should totally trust everything they feed us. Got it.

JTCO

Meme King
? We did it in the past. Why not do it again (in a different way)?

I'll make you a deal. You give me your PayPal address, and I'll send you 20 dollars (as my carbon tax) to go the fuck away, move OUTSIDE the United States, and never push your agenda here in this country again. How's that? I would honestly be more than happy to do that. Or is that too pushy? I would never want to oppose my agenda on someone else in this country, but since we seem to be on that subject......

BillArnett

And all major media outlets are totally independent, non-biased, and have no funding from private interest groups that support the leprechaun/pot of gold/rainbow theory, so we should totally trust everything they feed us. Got it.

So we should just trust Fox and talk radio instead? Right. Got it.

It's really hard to have a meaningful discussion if we can't even agree on the facts. I don't know how to fix that. None of us can go out and gather all the data ourselves in any significant way. We have to rely on indirect sources of information. And reasoned debate. But if every assertion is met with nothing but a simple denial we get nowhere.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yes. Sorry for the delayed reply. I spent the day shoveling off about a foot of 'Global Warming Fallout' ("snow" for the layperson) so no one would slip on the sidewalks. Just doing my part to save the planet.
These nerds have been trying to scare people for as long as I can remember. It's how they get votes. Dummies like this actually easy this shit up. Screenshot_20190303-195720_Chrome.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King

I don't watch nor trust Fox, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

It's really hard to have a meaningful discussion if we can't even agree on the facts. I don't know how to fix that. None of us can go out and gather all the data ourselves in any significant way. We have to rely on indirect sources of information. And reasoned debate. But if every assertion is met with nothing but a simple denial we get nowhere.

This is the exact statement as to why we should leave each other the fuck alone. The fact that you would trust indirect sources and be willing to steal MY money along with other Americans' money because of 'data from indirect sources' is fucking pathetic, fucking disgraceful, and fucking anti-American. You and AOC have the right to your own opinions, but how dare you forcefully stick that dick in my mouth. I'm not having it.

Piginajeep

Trump won the election. What did the polls say then ?

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

JAGS

It’s hard to have a decent discussion because you are stating only things you choose to state. You reference NBC news, as if people here care. Would you take a Fox News poll as gospel. I doubt it. See the problem? As I stated hours ago. Just stop. All youre doing is digging an insurmountable hole.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

By meaningful discussion, you mean we all have to agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app