Please Welcome Z Automotive to JLWRANGLER!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that Z Automotive has just signed up to become the newest advertiser here on JLWRANGLER.com! Z Automotive has been in business since 2007 and was established to help customers address the problems associated with on board vehicle computers. Their Tazer JL was specifically created for the JL Wrangler and is designed to allow users to customize many of the electronic features that it has. I'd be grateful if you could please give them a warm welcome here and of course, if you have any questions regarding their Tazer JL, please be sure to post them up in this sub-forum. :yup:

https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl/

JTCO

Meme King
Welcome and thanks for supporting the forum. Looks like a great product you've come out with.

Beowulf

Welcome. Please add the option to turn on lockers in 4hi and 2wd. Plus I’d like to be able to turn the sway bar on and off at any speed in any transfer case setting.

Rhinebeck01

Terrific! ... I am really glad ZAutomotive has become a forum sponsor on JLWrangler.com !

I predict... that this thread will see more, traffic then most any other thread on this forum.

I'm in hopes that you, and all those that purchase the Tazer JL Programmer/Light Show, will take the time to post info like:

Purchase info (example: It is prudent to buy the $20 extended 2 yr warranty)
Initial set-up info
Firmware #
Firmware related issues
Hints
Shortcomings or missing info in the Tazer User Manual
Do's
Caveats/Warnings (don't do this or....)
Quirks
Your day to day experience IF you leave the SGW module and Tazer plugged in all the time
Your 1st hand experiences in regard to what you turned on and off with the Tazer

For sure there will be a learning curve in regard to this terrific offering!

All those that are setting up / using the device can be very helpful to each other if they come here, hash out things they discover, things that they have implemented and such.

I for one am looking forward to reading, .... consuming info in this thread daily.

Please
always.jpg

stragler

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that Z Automotive has just signed up to become the newest advertiser here on JLWRANGLER.com! Z Automotive has been in business since 2007 and was established to help customers address the problems associated with on board vehicle computers. Their Tazer JL was specifically created for the JL Wrangler and is designed to allow users to customize many of the electronic features that it has. I'd be grateful if you could please give them a warm welcome here and of course, if you have any questions regarding their Tazer JL, please be sure to post them up in this sub-forum. :yup:

https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl/

Welcome and thanks for advertising on JL Wrangler.

Rhinebeck01

Welcome. Please add the option to turn on lockers in 4hi and 2wd. Plus I’d like to be able to turn the sway bar on and off at any speed in any transfer case setting.

Well, I heard thru the grapevine so to speak...

New feature news:

Yes, another added feature to Tazer JL .....

Sway Bar disconnect delete

A terrific feature for those that mod the suspension... so they can remove the electronic sway bar, but it is also actually good for those that aren’t modding.....

With this feature, you can put the JL/JLU in 4low, command a disconnect and let it confirm that it disconnected. Then shut the JL off, enter the Tazer JL menu and disable the sway bar system.

Apparently, you can start the JL/JLU, put it in 4Hi or 2WD and it will stay disconnected regardless of speed.

From what I heard, the feature was tested and the tester drove it all over the place, on the highway etc., to make sure all was stable. Good news was, that even though there’s more body roll and certainly not as stiff, it was actually quite a comfortable ride according to the test driver.

This feature will be in the next firmware update as well as other new features!

Note: The guy that owns Z Automotive, owns a JLU. He is really making the effort to lets say dive into all the possibilities in regard to his Tazer JL offering and what he can get it to do, feature wise for the JL/JLU. Expect lots of new features to come!

Rhinebeck01

Forgot to mention these new features that are being added to the TazerJL.

By the way, you may wonder why I know about these upcoming features.. Well, I emailed and asked Z Automotive and they promptly replied. :thumb:

Two other added features you will see in upcoming firmware:

1. Winch/Battery jump mode- Holds rpms @ 2k to keep battery level charged.
  2. Cool down mode- engine off, fans come on to cool it down.