AEV Lift coming soon...

I think aev is over rated and over priced. And i dont remember their suspension kits doing anything particularly well. Then they pawn harsh ride lack of articulation on “its an overlanding kit” . I remember it being a go to for well off people not knowing which kit to get during the JK era.

They just listed their spacer kit which looks pretty good. I’m also really interested in the new procal. It uses some kind of override that goes from the OBD port to some bay in the glove box and doesn’t require you to remove the security plug-in like the taser.

silverbullet88

They just listed their spacer kit which looks pretty good. I’m also really interested in the new procal. It uses some kind of override that goes from the OBD port to some bay in the glove box and doesn’t require you to remove the security plug-in like the taser.

Where’d you see that about the procal?

offcamber

You can use Z Automotive's Double Bypass to plug the Tazer in elsewhere. Thats what I've done on mine so I dont have to leave it in the under dash OBD port.

https://zautomotive.com/product/double-bypass/

NFRs2000NYC

I think aev is over rated and over priced. And i dont remember their suspension kits doing anything particularly well. Then they pawn harsh ride lack of articulation on “its an overlanding kit” . I remember it being a go to for well off people not knowing which kit to get during the JK era.

Depending on the part, I wouldn't call them overprices/rated. They build their products to OEM levels of quality and durability, in terms of bumpers and such. Their JK suspension (I'm running a franken version of their 2.5" with rancho shocks and some other parts, only their springs basically) were meh, with the 2.5" being slightly better, but I will give it credit, the road manners of my JK are phenomenal, albeit a tad stiffer than I'd like. Other than their suspension, all AEV parts that I have come in contact with have been excellent. Most here will agree, the stuff they actually make (they didn't actually make the JK suspension) is very good quality.

Depending on the part, I wouldn't call them overprices/rated. They build their products to OEM levels of quality and durability, in terms of bumpers and such. Their JK suspension (I'm running a franken version of their 2.5" with rancho shocks and some other parts, only their springs basically) were meh, with the 2.5" being slightly better, but I will give it credit, the road manners of my JK are phenomenal, albeit a tad stiffer than I'd like. Other than their suspension, all AEV parts that I have come in contact with have been excellent. Most here will agree, the stuff they actually make (they didn't actually make the JK suspension) is very good quality.

Sadly that's likely the thing. All their other stuff is SO good that people will assume the lift is too. On the JL product page they even admit that its a stiff ride for "overlanding". My "I won the lottery" jeep would be one of theirs with dynatracs, but swap in an enforcer.

NFRs2000NYC

Sadly that's likely the thing. All their other stuff is SO good that people will assume the lift is too. On the JL product page they even admit that its a stiff ride for "overlanding". My "I won the lottery" jeep would be one of theirs with dynatracs, but swap in an enforcer.

In their defense, you can’t have it both ways, as evidenced by suspension of say 2500 series trucks. They ride well when loaded down but empty they are very stiff. If you have a nice ride when “empty” adding 1000+ lbs in cargo and passengers will hurt the ride. So they geared their suspension for those that will be adding all the mods, and hauling lots of stuff along with them. Unless you have air suspension (which none of us want on a wrangler) with fixed suspension it’s just s compromise of what you want and which way for the scale to lean. They are honest about their system and are clearly aiming at a particular buyer.