VIDEO : BEAST MODE - EVO Gladiator Transformed + Shakedown Run at Moab EJS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It was about 2 weeks ago to the day that Cindy and I first laid eyes on EVO Manufacturing's brand new and bone stock, Jeep Gladiator Sport. And it was just yesterday, here at the Moab Easter Jeep Safari, that we finally got to see what it looks like completely transformed and into the beast of a truck that it is today. In addition to running an EVO 6" coil lift on short arms, King shocks, Dana UD60 axles and 40" Nitto TrailGrapplers mounted on KMC Machete beadlocks, this JT pickup is also wearing EVO bumpers front and rear, rocker guards a bed rack complete with roof top tent and every overlanding doodad they think to put on it. In this video, you'll get to see what this awesome Gladiator looks like now and take a walk around it with Mel Wade to get a close up look at all it's goodies. Oh, did I mention that we also got a chance to take it out on it's very first shakedown run out here in the promised land? Yeah, you'll get to see some of that too and we hope you enjoy what you see.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

JTCO

Meme King
Fuck. I'm going to go broke. Love that new tire carrier and awesome to hear that the bed and frame move together. Crazy that that thing went up that first ledge without using lockers.

LauraRose

The EVO team & their partners built an awesome Gladiator!!! It looks & runs like a true, blue BADASS. Thank you Mel, Lisa, Eddie & Cindy for taking us along for the ride - can't wait to see the rest of the WAYALIFE videos from EJS! (There will be a lot more, right Eddie??)

Laura Rose from PA

MrGiant

Thats one big Gladiator! Cool how it performs, outstanding. the overall look isnt exactly my thing...but thats a question of different tastes.
But one thing on brackets to correct/improve geometry and for example relocate track bars: bolt on stuff is cool with multiple bolts. But doesnt a bolted bracket as extension move a bit under load as far as bolt holes allow? (Elastic deformation is not what I mean now)
I sometimes hear clonks in your videos, Eddie. Is there any relation, did I explain it good enough?[emoji28]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Awesome build and great to see it in the wild. Have been looking forward to this video. With exception of those tight canyon turns, seemed to do everything effortlessly.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
@MrGiant - my JK was 100% bolt on, and really the only noise other than the drivetrain was the coil springs. That's where I would get the loudest clunks. My JL long arm brackets are welded on, but the coilovers are bolt on.

stragler

It was about 2 weeks ago to the day that Cindy and I first laid eyes on EVO Manufacturing's brand new and bone stock, Jeep Gladiator Sport. And it was just yesterday, here at the Moab Easter Jeep Safari, that we finally got to see what it looks like completely transformed and into the beast of a truck that it is today. In addition to running an EVO 6" coil lift on short arms, King shocks, Dana UD60 axles and 40" Nitto TrailGrapplers mounted on KMC Machete beadlocks, this JT pickup is also wearing EVO bumpers front and rear, rocker guards a bed rack complete with roof top tent and every overlanding doodad they think to put on it. In this video, you'll get to see what this awesome Gladiator looks like now and take a walk around it with Mel Wade to get a close up look at all it's goodies. Oh, did I mention that we also got a chance to take it out on it's very first shakedown run out here in the promised land? Yeah, you'll get to see some of that too and we hope you enjoy what you see.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Very nice the Gladiator looks awesome thanks for taking us along.

StingRubi19

I love this build so much! Such an awesome rig and way to go with a base model and axle swap/40s for the price! I think a Rubicon and 37s will be good enough for me though.
Awesome footage as well Eddie and Cindy! I cant wait to see you guys build one up! Going to go the same route or get a Rubicon?

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JLRay

Fuck that is clean [emoji24]

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

Lmao hell yea! I’m just shocked at how easy it crawls up the ledges! I’m guessing the extra wheel base like from the 2 door to the 4 door helped it out... ether way I’m sold but still not sure I can afford it [emoji108][emoji106]

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
that is 1 awesome truck. great work EVO :rock:. now I either stop watching Eddie and Cindy's videos. ( never gonna happen, best jeep videos out there!!) or time for me to get a second and third job so I can build one of these. :doh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was a beautiful video Eddie n Cindy. The 3wheel balance acted looked pretty wicked, I want one so much.

LOL!! That balancing at was crazy cool to see. :crazyeyes:

Fuck. I'm going to go broke. Love that new tire carrier and awesome to hear that the bed and frame move together. Crazy that that thing went up that first ledge without using lockers.

It's funny because I've had a lot of people talk smack about the tire carrier but of course, none of them knew the bed is bolted directly onto the frame. The cab section has isolators and rear corners even have hydro body mounts. Pretty badass what you can do with this truck!

Awesome !!!!

Very cool video!

Glad you guys enjoyed it :)

The EVO team & their partners built an awesome Gladiator!!! It looks & runs like a true, blue BADASS. Thank you Mel, Lisa, Eddie & Cindy for taking us along for the ride - can't wait to see the rest of the WAYALIFE videos from EJS! (There will be a lot more, right Eddie??)

Laura Rose from PA

Most of our videos were made to highlight the JT and so we didn't get as much footage of us wheeling like we normally do. That beings said, we do have one more video coming and it was just a fun run we did with friends. Hope to have that one up soon :)

Thats one big Gladiator! Cool how it performs, outstanding. the overall look isnt exactly my thing...but thats a question of different tastes.
But one thing on brackets to correct/improve geometry and for example relocate track bars: bolt on stuff is cool with multiple bolts. But doesnt a bolted bracket as extension move a bit under load as far as bolt holes allow? (Elastic deformation is not what I mean now)
I sometimes hear clonks in your videos, Eddie. Is there any relation, did I explain it good enough?[emoji28]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

@MrGiant - my JK was 100% bolt on, and really the only noise other than the drivetrain was the coil springs. That's where I would get the loudest clunks. My JL long arm brackets are welded on, but the coilovers are bolt on.

What doubletapdaddy said. I'm pretty sure the noise you were hearing was the coils catching on the bump stop towers. They are still working on the coil rates and this was the best they could come up with in just 10 days.

Awesome build and great to see it in the wild. Have been looking forward to this video. With exception of those tight canyon turns, seemed to do everything effortlessly.

It really did great and it goes to show what a bit of lift and bigger tires can do for a long wheel base. :yup: