JL JOURNAL : How to Install 1350 Drive Shafts on a JL WRANGLER

Quick tech questions for you, and this probably leads back to your trailing arm installation. Since all of those devices are length adjustable, did you find a need to go to the alignment shop afterward to check for square? Or is it generally close enough not to matter in the grand scheme?

I enjoyed the video (and your others)! Thanks for the insight!

~Chris

NFRs2000NYC

Love the video. Very easy for a noob to follow. What I’d love to see you guys do, is possibly in the description portion of your videos, to put amazon links to the specialty tools needed for a whatever install. You obviously have gone through your share of tools and it seems that it would help people pick the correct stuff in a sea of crap (like the yoke puller, inch torque wrench, brass hammer, etc). I for one would find it very helpful and the bonus would be knowing I’m helping you guys a little bit using your affiliate links. [emoji1303]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Quick tech questions for you, and this probably leads back to your trailing arm installation. Since all of those devices are length adjustable, did you find a need to go to the alignment shop afterward to check for square? Or is it generally close enough not to matter in the grand scheme?

I enjoyed the video (and your others)! Thanks for the insight!

~Chris

Trailing arms? You mean control arms? If so, no, I don't waste my time with alignment shops.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Love the video. Very easy for a noob to follow. What I’d love to see you guys do, is possibly in the description portion of your videos, to put amazon links to the specialty tools needed for a whatever install. You obviously have gone through your share of tools and it seems that it would help people pick the correct stuff in a sea of crap (like the yoke puller, inch torque wrench, brass hammer, etc). I for one would find it very helpful and the bonus would be knowing I’m helping you guys a little bit using your affiliate links. [emoji1303]

Please give my first post a closer look. You'll see that most of what I have listed is in bold and linked to Amazon. :)

MrGiant

Cool and informative video! Really interesting although I will hopefully) never have to do this. One tech question: I thought, that tcase output and pinion input have to be parallel to avoid vibrations on your driveline. Now you set pinion and ds parallel, which angle does the tcase have?....I am really wondering right now, maybe I am braindead at the moment

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool and informative video! Really interesting although I will hopefully) never have to do this. One tech question: I thought, that tcase output and pinion input have to be parallel to avoid vibrations on your driveline. Now you set pinion and ds parallel, which angle does the tcase have?....I am really wondering right now, maybe I am braindead at the moment

The only time you need to keep the output shaft and pinion shaft parallel to each other is if you're using a standard shaft with a single u-joint on both ends. We installed a rear driveshaft with a double cardan and it requires you to have the pinion in line with it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, that's what I meant. Terminology challenged :) Thanks for that.

To be fair, when it comes to IFS/IRS, I would use an alignment shop for for a Jeep with solid axles, it really isn't rocket science to do your own alignment and really, it can only be done IF you have adjustable components.

Firejeep

As much as I think these Adam's shafts are nice, if you have a local shop near by, I would highly recommend you have them make you a custom shaft. I can almost guarantee you that they'll be cheaper and you WILL be using them again for balancing and rebuilds. Just a thought. :)

Great, Adams is my local driveline shop.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Great video! I have really liked the quality of my 1310 shafts from them on my jk. When I get a JL I will be going with them again

StingRubi19

Those T50 bolts seemed to come off a hell of a lot easier to get the shaft off. Nice that jeep made those bigger. I stripped almost every one with the dinky ones that they had on the JK. One got so bad not even vice grips could get it off.
Awesome and informative video Eddie, I'll keep this saved for the day I change mine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those T50 bolts seemed to come off a hell of a lot easier to get the shaft off. Nice that jeep made those bigger. I stripped almost every one with the dinky ones that they had on the JK. One got so bad not even vice grips could get it off.
Awesome and informative video Eddie, I'll keep this saved for the day I change mine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Oh yeah, the new bigger bolts are a huge improvement over the JK for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app