Modified Jeep Gladiator Sightings- Jeep Gladiator Modifications

Exodus Jeeps

Advertiser
Supporter
Are they? Interesting. I guess makes sense though. King isn’t gonna change their trademark color I guess.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

That’s my guess. Thought about pulling the springs today and having them powder coated a different color, but I’ve been down that road and it can turn out like shit. Besides I like the blue and it is what “pops” out and lets everyone know they’re Kings.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
EVO/KING JL Bolt On CO Kits have black caps, sliders and coil nuts. Black and silver decals. King blue springs. For me the blue is so iconic, I geek out whenever I see them on other rigs or in my garage.

20190522_223435-768x1024.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Also the infamous upside down decal on the rear driver's side slider, as seen in the picture. I've pictures of two others this way also. Lol.

LVZen

Am I the only one bothered by the rear door on the Gladiator? It's the JLU rear door, which is shaped to fit in above the wheel well on the JLU, but leaves tons of empty space on the body of the Gladiator. I couldn't figure out what bothered me for a long time, but to me the door just looks too small on the Gladiator, and it throws off the geometry.

JTCO

Meme King
Am I the only one bothered by the rear door on the Gladiator? It's the JLU rear door, which is shaped to fit in above the wheel well on the JLU, but leaves tons of empty space on the body of the Gladiator. I couldn't figure out what bothered me for a long time, but to me the door just looks too small on the Gladiator, and it throws off the geometry.

It's different for sure. But prior to the actual reveal, there were some renderings around the web from random people and those people drew the Gladiator different and it was even more funky looking. I think if Jeep tried to do it any other way, it would look worse. Also, by keeping the rear doors the same at the JLU, I'm sure it made production cost/time way more efficient.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It really is a funny thing how the color matched tops look good on a Gladiator. Maybe it's just because it's a truck. Could never really get into it on a Wrangler.

GCM 2.0

I agree. I've never been a fan of the color-matched tops previously, but on the Gladiators, they look great.

It really is a funny thing how the color matched tops look good on a Gladiator. Maybe it's just because it's a truck. Could never really get into it on a Wrangler.

It is strange. I actually think it makes it look more truck like, and less JL. Speaking of tops, Eddie what are you and Cindy planning on running on your Launch Edition, I know you’re a soft top kind of family..... If your answer is too much of a pre-video spoiler, I will just wait with the rest of your fanboys to find out ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It is strange. I actually think it makes it look more truck like, and less JL. Speaking of tops, Eddie what are you and Cindy planning on running on your Launch Edition, I know you’re a soft top kind of family..... If your answer is too much of a pre-video spoiler, I will just wait with the rest of your fanboys to find out ;)

:cheesy: We ordered a Launch Edition and they come with color matched hard tops. Maybe it's because it is a truck but it really does look right with one. We'll most likely get a soft top as well down the road but it won't kill me to just run it with the hard top for the most part.

How about you?

GCM 2.0

......How about you?

Well, I’m really holding back on pulling the trigger on a white Sport JT and letting Mel start a build with it. The fact that I have run EVOJEEP into the ground over the last few seasons and still driving it as a front wheel (only) drive vehicle around town is just sad. I need a complete replacement on my rear PR60. So either sink a bunch into my JK or buy a new Gladiator.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I’m really holding back on pulling the trigger on a white Sport JT and letting Mel start a build with it. The fact that I have run EVOJEEP into the ground over the last few seasons and still driving it as a front wheel (only) drive vehicle around town is just sad. I need a complete replacement on my rear PR60. So either sink a bunch into my JK or buy a new Gladiator.

Whoa, I had no idea! Is it safe to assume you're leaning toward a JT? :crazyeyes: