Who's Selling Their JK to get a JL?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like a lot of you, Cindy and I have an extremely built up JK... okay, in all fairness, 2 of them and at this point and time, it'd be really hard for us to get rid of either one of them just to by a JL. That being said, we really do LOVE the all new JL and would have to seriously consider it now especially if it were the only way to get one. With that said, I was wondering how many of you out there have JK's now and will be selling or trading it in to get your JL? Inquiring minds want to know! :yup:

ddays v2

I'm really warming up to the JL after seeing all of the details now, but I cannot see me ever getting rid of my JK for the JL. Honestly, I really love my JK. Mine is exactly where I want it performance wise and the with all of mods I've done to this point on it that are non-reversible, I'd lose my shirt if I were to try to trade or sell outright. I still run conventional coils but with the EVO skins/sliders/tire carrier/Long Arm kit and Dynatrac axles, I committed to the build long term. So much so that I'd probably do a LS conversion if/when the V6 craps out instead of getting a new JL.

Now, if the question was "would I get a JL in addition to", that might be a different story :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really warming up to the JL after seeing all of the details now, but I cannot see me ever getting rid of my JK for the JL. Honestly, I really love my JK. Mine is exactly where I want it performance wise and the with all of mods I've done to this point on it that are non-reversible, I'd lose my shirt if I were to try to trade or sell outright. I still run conventional coils but with the EVO skins/sliders/tire carrier/Long Arm kit and Dynatrac axles, I committed to the build long term. So much so that I'd probably do a LS conversion if/when the V6 craps out instead of getting a new JL.

Now, if the question was "would I get a JL in addition to", that might be a different story :D

Oh, I totally hear ya. If anything, getting a new bone stock JL Wrangler is a lot easier for me to do being that I already have a JK that can do pretty much anything I want it to. I was just wondering about all this being that Moby is 10 years old and had we not done an LS swap, I would of had to really think hard about not selling him to get a JL - I really like them that much.

ddays v2

Oh, I totally hear ya. If anything, getting a new bone stock JL Wrangler is a lot easier for me to do being that I already have a JK that can do pretty much anything I want it to. I was just wondering about all this being that Moby is 10 years old and had we not done an LS swap, I would of had to really think hard about not selling him to get a JL - I really like them that much.

Wow, that's really saying something when you look at the specs on Moby! Add the fact that it will be some time before the serious pieces like Dynatrac axles & EVO DTD's will be available. But then you'd still have Rubicat and you'd be able to enjoy the comforts of new JL for a while. Makes sense I guess, but sell Moby?!? :eek:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that's really saying something when you look at the specs on Moby! Add the fact that it will be some time before the serious pieces like Dynatrac axles & EVO DTD's will be available. But then you'd still have Rubicat and you'd be able to enjoy the comforts of new JL for a while. Makes sense I guess, but sell Moby?!? :eek:

LOL!! Oh no, I would never sell Moby and was more making the comment in regards to if he were the only JK I had. A big part of what made him so much fun over the last 10 years was being able to wheel him in all his different stages and really, building him up over the years was a ton of fun too. Of course, I thought I would never sell my old TJ for all the same reasons but looking back, I'm so glad that I did being that I don't think Moby would have ever gotten to where he is now had I not. The thought of starting all over again isn't such a terrible thing for me but fortunately, I don't have to :cool:

ddays v2

LOL!! Oh no, I would never sell Moby and was more making the comment in regards to if he were the only JK I had. A big part of what made him so much fun over the last 10 years was being able to wheel him in all his different stages and really, building him up over the years was a ton of fun too. Of course, I thought I would never sell my old TJ for all the same reasons but looking back, I'm so glad that I did being that I don't think Moby would have ever gotten to where he is now had I not. The thought of starting all over again isn't such a terrible thing for me but fortunately, I don't have to :cool:

Damn, I was counting my quarters & wondering how much plasma I could sell to raise some cash quick! :cheesy: I like the thought of starting another build as well. That is super appealing and why I am considering a JL where as much as a couple weeks ago I wasn't happy that the JL wasn't different enough!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, I was counting my quarters & wondering how much plasma I could sell to raise some cash quick! :cheesy: I like the thought of starting another build as well. That is super appealing and why I am considering a JL where as much as a couple weeks ago I wasn't happy that the JL wasn't different enough!

:cheesy: I know exactly what you mean :D

Leon

What kind of Toyota are you driving now?
At the moment a Toyota Corolla for the last 2 year's don't laugh. I had cancer 2.5 year's a go ( I am doing fine now it goes well) and needed something that was easy for my wife to go to the hospital and back so . But now that live in going well we are in the market for a JL .I started 25 year's ago white a CJ7 and had several XJ's and YJ's so. Now I wanna buy a JL and enjoy life at the max

Sent from my SM-G935F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
At the moment a Toyota Corolla for the last 2 year's don't laugh. I had cancer 2.5 year's a go ( I am doing fine now it goes well) and needed something that was easy for my wife to go to the hospital and back so . But now that live in going well we are in the market for a JL .I started 25 year's ago white a CJ7 and had several XJ's and YJ's so. Now I wanna buy a JL and enjoy life at the max

Congrats to you for beating your cancer and I hope you can get your hands on a JL sooner than later :thumb:

Leon

Congrats to you for beating your cancer and I hope you can get your hands on a JL sooner than later :thumb:
Thanks. And yes I hope it won't take to long that the JL is available in the Netherlands or I have to import it myself but that's a pain in the.......you know. If I do it myself it's cheaper. The jeeps are expensive in the Netherlands for a JK we pay almost 100k (I hate the tax in Europe) money isn't everything but it can buy me a jeep [emoji6]

ddays v2

Thanks. And yes I hope it won't take to long that the JL is available in the Netherlands or I have to import it myself but that's a pain in the.......you know. If I do it myself it's cheaper. The jeeps are expensive in the Netherlands for a JK we pay almost 100k (I hate the tax in Europe) money isn't everything but it can buy me a jeep [emoji6]

:eek: $100k?!? Damn, and we bitch about paying sticker over here. That VAT is crazy!

TrailHunter

You think they’d do an even trade on a 4 month old 17 JKUR? Haha... You told me to wait for the JL Eddie... I didn’t listen [emoji51]..... But imagine how boring these last 4 months would have been.. lol! Seriously though, I Love my JK like a fat kid loves Cake!!! I’m late to the JK party and here to stay. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JeepFan

Owning a Jeep is an expensive hobby! So, I'm considering selling our '09 JK, if for no other reason than to use the cash to build up the 2015 JK or the JL. :thinking:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Wow... I mean, just wow. That's nuts :eek:

:eek: $100k?!? Damn, and we bitch about paying sticker over here. That VAT is crazy!

Seriously, I feel bad for any bitching I've ever done :eek:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You think they’d do an even trade on a 4 month old 17 JKUR? Haha... You told me to wait for the JL Eddie... I didn’t listen [emoji51]..... But imagine how boring these last 4 months would have been.. lol! Seriously though, I Love my JK like a fat kid loves Cake!!! I’m late to the JK party and here to stay. [emoji1360]

LOL!! You did the right thing. No point in waiting for something when you could be out playing now. You can always trade up in the future if you really wanted to but really, your JK will serve you well as is. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Owning a Jeep is an expensive hobby! So, I'm considering selling our '09 JK, if for no other reason than to use the cash to build up the 2015 JK or the JL. :thinking:

DO IT!! The future is ahead of you and I guarantee that you won't regret it. :thumb: