Mopar lift JL JLU Jeep Wrangler

gteod500

Let me start, my thought when I ordered my JL 2 door was to order the Mopar kit and the dealer would install it as it rolled off the truck. Note to self here, the kit was back ordered from May 5th and arrived at my door Oct 4th. Had the dealer install the kit and I picked it up and it drove better then I thought. Having owed CJ 5 and 7 with lift kits my thought were they would be close and this is far from the case. Why am I writing this you are asking? I ordered a 2" lift kit, my wheel wells were at 38 inches and now with the kit installed they measure 43 inches. I know I may get some settle but expecting 3 inches is not what anyone would be expecting. Any one else install the Mopar 2' kit on 2 or 4 doors having this issue?

Rgk401

The kit is for a 4 door. So when you install it on a 2 door you get more 2’ lift. We installed the same lift on a jl rubicon and he ended up with 3’.12 of lift and after a week it settled at 2.97’

GrayBeard

I'm running the Mopar 2" suspension lift and agree, you get 3"-3.5" of lift, which give plenty of room for 37s. So far I love it. Haven't done any severe wheeling, mostly moderate+ trails (scale 1-10, we do 6-8). No issues yet🤞🤞

We did replace F&R track bars with the Rancho's adjustable ones. The front eliminated the steering shimmy and the F&R make wheeling feel more solid.

Are there better lifts, sure. Eddie has tested several, see his reviews. So far the Mopar is working for me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

Johnboy

2 inch lift

I have mopar lift. RKperches for the springs is a must. I have Rk front and rear track bars, lower arms RK. And tie rod and drag link upgrade on 35ko2. It’s awesome.