Evo Quarter Pounder

Dale72

Caught the Bug
Well I wanted to see if the quarter pounder for the JK would fit the JL since I just bought the bumper and Evo's website has the quarter pounder listed for the JK, JL and the JT but it doesn't fit. Not with out cutting this lip off the bumper 20190526_111447.jpeg20190526_111703.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

GCM 2.0

The last picture from that point you still have a 3" gap between the bumper and frame to get it flush to get the bolts in

Just so there is no confusion here:

- You are not supposed to cut on the 1/4 pounder bumper!

- You cut the FRAME HORNS that hang below the bottom of the new 1/4 pounder. Then the bumper will slide onto the ends of the frame.

The design of the bumper is to have a thin profile and sit as close to the vehicle’s grill as possible, thereby provide better approach angles. I don’t have any install photos of when I did mine on my JKU, but if you are not cool with cutting on your frame (this is the no going back part) you should go a different route for a bumper.

Only photo of mine before I added a stinger to it

IMG_0558.JPG

Dale72

Caught the Bug

- You cut the FRAME HORNS that hang below the bottom of the new 1/4 pounder. Then the bumper will slide onto the ends of the frame.

The design of the bumper is to sit as close to the vehicle’s grill as possible, thereby provide better approach angles. I don’t have any install photos of when I did mine on my JKU, but if you are not cool with cutting on your frame (this is the no going back part) you should go a different route for a bumper.

View attachment 11393
You have to cut more off of the JL than you do on the JK

benatc1

One day down the road I'll go with the quarter pounder like JKs before, but I will say I was having a hard time cutting up my new 50k jeep before I had it paid off, so I went with the minimal look I have now(same as eddie). Not saying you should or shouldn't cut but like GCM said. Point of no return. Quarter pounder will look great

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

GCM 2.0

Dale72, I sent a text to Mel asking about your topic here. If he gets back to me soon, I will post up what I get from Mr EVO.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

The design of the bumper is to have a thin profile and sit as close to the vehicle’s grill as possible, thereby provide better approach angles. I don’t have any install photos of when I did mine on my JKU, but if you are not cool with cutting on your frame (this is the no going back part) you should go a different route for a bumper.

This is correct ^^^^

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay thanks Eddie the one for the JK will work but you are going to have to cut from here down View attachment 11394

Yes, you would need to cut the frame as you've noted regardless. While you will be able to get the bumper installed, you may find that a lot of winches may NOT fit as it will make contact with the grill. Or, at least, that was my understanding.