Evo mfg jlu bomber rockers, 4 door

MrGiant

I am curious if these are right for me. As far as style goes, the DV8 tubular are something I am looking for. But they are not wide enough to use it as a step, for example for washing the windshield properly.
Waiting for info

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

kingsize

EVO MFG Representative
Supporter
No updates on the weld-on sliders yet.

However, Id recommend calling in and speaking with engineering. I'm 100% sure they do not look at forums.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. 714-879-8913

kingsize

EVO MFG Representative
Supporter
I am curious if these are right for me. As far as style goes, the DV8 tubular are something I am looking for. But they are not wide enough to use it as a step, for example for washing the windshield properly.
Waiting for info

I would recommend the EVO-3037 with Rockskin Panels or EVO-3035 without Rockskin Panels for an actual step-on rocker.

MrGiant

I would recommend the EVO-3037 with Rockskin Panels or EVO-3035 without Rockskin Panels for an actual step-on rocker.
Thank you for the advice, I'll take a look at it

Edit: looked at them. These are not what I am looking for although they are a step. I am a sporty guy, something like the frame mounted/welded are enough I think. Even the bombers fit my needs, I think. Plus: they hide the body pinch seam which looks horrible if visible. Are the bombers stronger than stock rubicon rock rails, even if they use the same mounts?

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would not recommend a body mounted rocker for heavy rock crawling.

Really? I mean, I'd normally agree with you on this but Andrew told me that so long as they were run with the skins, they'd be good to go. Has things changed?

MrGiant

I just threw an eye on the bombers with skins, seems solid to me if you tighten it all properly. Fortunately, I have time to choose some armor

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

kingsize

EVO MFG Representative
Supporter
Really? I mean, I'd normally agree with you on this but Andrew told me that so long as they were run with the skins, they'd be good to go. Has things changed?

Yep!

I wouldn't use a body mounted rocker out in Johnson Valley. With or without the skins. That is why weld-on sliders are built.

Robert @ EVO MFG

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yep!

I wouldn't use a body mounted rocker out in Johnson Valley. With or without the skins. That is why weld-on sliders are built.

Robert @ EVO MFG

Thanks, that's always been my thinking too. But, the weld on sliders are still not available yet, correct?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, one other thing, Andrew mentioned that the skins for these Bomber Rockers were essentially the same as what would be used with the weld on rockers in that, if in the future someone were to change over, they could simply replace the skins with ones that don't have the mounting flanges. Is this correct?