The Movie Thread

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Just a heads up... AMC begin their 1-week run of The Matrix - 20th Anniversary today (restored for Dolby Cinemas). I've got tickets for tomorrow night. 😎

20190811_182536.jpg
20190811_182601.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Stoked about 4 and 5. Curious how that storyline plays out since they’re bringing back Neo and Trinity.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

If you get a chance to see it this week, I highly recommend it. The PQ was great. The soundstage was fantastic as well, however our local AMC put the volume at 11. Our whole group thought it was too loud. AMC is going to pull it out of the Dolby Cinemas Thursday to start showing It Chapter 2.

I'm also stoked about 4, however only one of the Wachowski siblings is returning.

Dear god I feel old. :icon_crazy:

You're not the only one. LOL.

dixonk

IT chapter 2: 8/10. Family enjoyed it. First one was better in my opinion. I did enjoy the comedy in the new one. What I would give for a little heads up when they feel the need to show two dudes kiss each other though...

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
IT chapter 2: 8/10. Family enjoyed it. First one was better in my opinion. I did enjoy the comedy in the new one. What I would give for a little heads up when they feel the need to show two dudes kiss each other though...

I had tickets for Thursday night, then I had to cancel. So I bought tickets for Friday and had to cancel. Then I got tickets for tonight / Saturday... had to cancel. :crazyeyes:

dixonk

Oh and forgot to mention this movie is every bit of 3 hours long. Pick seats near the end of the row for bathroom trips.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Joker
At times difficult to watch with few moments of levity, this is not your grandfather's Joker. This is a grim, dark character study of a disturbed individual in an equally disturbing environment permeated by mental health issues, economic inequality and social unrest. With shades of Taxi Driver, The King Of Comedy and Requiem For A Dream... Joker is understandably not for everybody. However, if you consider yourself a fan of cinema then there is bound to be something here that you can appreciate. While amazeballs cinematography combined with a haunting score give this film tangible grit, it is the performance delivered by Joaquin Phoenix that is truly exceptional... riveting. JP will undoubtedly garner a best actor nomination come January. Joker exceeded my expectations.
A

joker_ver11_xlg-768x1123.jpg

joker_ver6_xlg-768x960.jpg

joker_ver7_xlg-768x1152.jpg