Road stripe paint

JTCO

Meme King
Any way to remove road stripe paint off my Jeep body and inside fender? I need some help!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Inner fender just paint black with flat black paint. You'll never notice. As far as the body, you could try goo gone, just make sure you wash the jeep really good when you're done so the chemical residue doesn't stay on the clear coat.

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
I have used this stuff before to remove tar. should work for line paint.
97ff2290-0e58-4e62-88ab-cbce97eb7d10_1000[1].jpg
defiantly would try in a small unnoticeable place first. just incase it dose something to paint
lol. quick draw WJCO beat me to it

ddays v2

Be really careful trying to remove that paint - it's some stubborn shit once its dried and with the reflective particles in it it's also abrasive. If the Goo Gone or something like that doesn't work I wouldn't hesitate taking it to an auto body shop for removal. You don't want to ruin that new paint.

GregM

When dealing with paint, I always try the least aggressive approach first to minimize the opportunity for damage.

Car wash > clay bar > polish > compounds

If it were me, I would probably try something like simple green with a bug sponge first

A note on, goo gone (different from goof off), definitely be careful with that on any painted product as it is solvent based and I have seen it start to dissolve finishes. Specifically, when cleaning a decal off of a craftsmen toolbox and it started to dissolve the paint quickly. :doh:

Goof-off, citrus based, I don't have any personal experience with.

Good luck

Jetboy

Hold on a minute. Is this y’all first over-spayed car? Any time you get paint on paint. Particularly clear coat. Use a clay bar. Mothers now sells them in a kit. In a body shop everything gets over-sprayed. I’ve even cleaned up three cars that got painted by the green dumpster guys. They just painted there dumpster sitting in an employe lot. My z28 was one of them. You will be amazed how easy and well it works.
I’m not so sure about the plastic.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
Hold on a minute. Is this y’all first over-spayed car? Any time you get paint on paint. Particularly clear coat. Use a clay bar. Mothers now sells them in a kit. In a body shop everything gets over-sprayed. I’ve even cleaned up three cars that got painted by the green dumpster guys. They just painted there dumpster sitting in an employe lot. My z28 was one of them. You will be amazed how easy and well it works.
I’m not so sure about the plastic.

I think it's beyond overspray. Sounds like he drove over a freshly painted road line.

Jetboy

I looked up road stripping paint. The dept of transportation. Says pressure wash. If it doesn’t come off. WD-40 soak, then pressure wash.
If dried more than 4 days. Petroleum jelly leave 12 hrs. Pressure wash.
I still think clay bar will just take it off.

Jetboy

If you read those bright little signs they put on the road that say wet paint, and avoid the wet paint, you won’t have to clean it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Now you know better. It’s a Jeep.and makes those wide tracks. It’s not until after we run over shit that we look and see if we need to fix the Jeep. Along with ROAD ENDs,HighWater, ect that’s all warnings for mortal cars. Lol

Shots

I'd go with the clay bar and/or WD-40 to remove the road paint from body of the Jeep. It'll take some work, but it will come off. I'd also put a fresh coat of wax on after your done.

As for the fender well. That's actually easier. Spray some Easy-Off (oven cleaner) on it, let it sit a few minutes and then wipe the paint off. I guess it's more like scrub it off, but it will take paint of plastic. Now the disclosure part. DO NOT GET IT ON YOUR PAINT, but that should go without saying. If you're using it to remove paint it should be obvious you don't want it on paint you want unharmed.

Anyway the point is, it does work to remove paint from plastic. My wife painted some trim pieces on her Renegade, that she later decided she wanted to do differently. After a little Easy-Off and elbow grease they looked just like they did from the factory. Another note is she wanted me to tell you was to make sure you wear rubber gloves. I guess it's pretty rough on the skin if you don't.

japdip

I drove thru some of that dang road stripe paint with my brand new 2012 JK a few years ago. I got lots of advice on how to get it off and tried lots of things that didn't work. Then a friend told me to use clay bar and he even spent most of a day helping me get it off. Then wax afterward. It worked beautifully. It looked good as new and I was happy again.