Non Jeep projects you're working on

JTCO

Meme King
As much as we all love working on jeeps, any other projects you're working on? I currently have a POS dishwasher that decided to stop pumping. I'm YouTube certified so I pulled the power and water supply and am now hoping to find the problem.

IMG_20190306_193552_794.jpg

Piginajeep

I’m not sure what a “non Jeep” project is.

Does my bar count? I still have a hood and grill to add. I also have a front bar (F170 front end ) to compete it.
56801277766__0795B4A1-A45B-4950-9ED4-16A4D9D13B57.jpg

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As much as we all love working on jeeps, any other projects you're working on? I currently have a POS dishwasher that decided to stop pumping. I'm YouTube certified so I pulled the power and water supply and am now hoping to find the problem.

Did you check the filter screen inside the dishwasher? Most have one where the disposal blade goes and if it get clogged, it'll stop spraying. I've once had a very small piece of plastic wrap find its way into our dishwasher and get caught there.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
That dishwasher looks very similar to our GE Profile that caught fire in the door several years back. We were leaving for vacation, and I smelled a bit of smoke as I walked through the kitchen to grab my keys. Turned out to be an electrical fire inside of the dishwasher door. Upon researching the subject, I found that there was a silent GE recall on our dishwasher, meaning you would only be notified if you reported a fire. :crazyeyes: They ended up sending this a $700 check to buy a new dishwasher.

JTCO

Meme King
Did you check the filter screen inside the dishwasher? Most have one where the disposal blade goes and if it get clogged, it'll stop spraying. I've once had a very small piece of plastic wrap find its way into our dishwasher and get caught there.

I checked the main one, but I just found out there's another one. I'm going to look at it shortly. When it was acting up yesterday, I just kept tapping the sump area from underneath with a hammer and it would pump but this meant I had to be in the kitchen the whole time, and every time I could hear it acting up, a light tap would get it going again. I bench tested the main pump this morning and it's good.

That dishwasher looks very similar to our GE Profile that caught fire in the door several years back. We were leaving for vacation, and I smelled a bit of smoke as I walked through the kitchen to grab my keys. Turned out to be an electrical fire inside of the dishwasher door. Upon researching the subject, I found that there was a silent GE recall on our dishwasher, meaning you would only be notified if you reported a fire. :crazyeyes: They ended up sending this a $700 check to buy a new dishwasher.

Wow. I have the dishwasher out now, so I'll pop the control panel in the door and take a look at the board. Thanks for the info.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I checked the main one, but I just found out there's another one. I'm going to look at it shortly. When it was acting up yesterday, I just kept tapping the sump area from underneath with a hammer and it would pump but this meant I had to be in the kitchen the whole time, and every time I could hear it acting up, a light tap would get it going again. I bench tested the main pump this morning and it's good.

Yeah, the one I'm talking about would require you to pull the main washer and screen on the floor and go all the way down to the disposal blade if you have one. The blade will turn on a metal screen and chop bits of food up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m not sure what a “non Jeep” project is.

Does my bar count? I still have a hood and grill to add. I also have a front bar (F170 front end ) to compete it.

For a redneck, you're pretty talented with your furniture making skills :crazyeyes:

YAHAHA

Restoring the old PKRipper-XL. Updating the kid's Ripper Jr with bigger tires & bars so we can cruise in style.
IMG_0969.jpgIMG_0930.jpg

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Hwycycle

My project is getting close to completion. Started back in December. Had this garage built & a new driveway poured. I’ve since pulled new electric lines and last week I installed the double wide lift. This week I’ll be building a 3’h x 3’d x 22’w loft area for storage. Just need to pull a new cable line, run a few more outlets for battery tenders and finally I want to add a heat/AC unit. (Thinking of a mini-split, but not sure yet) than I can insulate & sheath the walls. I’m on this forum as I’ve been considering a new Wrangler to replace the Charger.
Any advice or suggestions for the garage are welcome.

Attachments

• 0D4BF206-34C3-426A-9427-B709CEB831A6.jpg
    0D4BF206-34C3-426A-9427-B709CEB831A6.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 40
  • 96DB72E4-C0D3-4268-A40A-F2F5E1CD093A.jpg
    96DB72E4-C0D3-4268-A40A-F2F5E1CD093A.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 3DDB6702-8590-4A10-969A-D2EB02469B50.jpg
    3DDB6702-8590-4A10-969A-D2EB02469B50.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 41