Cracked windsheild

wanderer

So I have 10,000 miles on my JLUR I got the first hit at 3200 miles roughly and did not replace the windshield. ( just too dam Busy) so at 10,200 more or less took another rock to the windsheild bad bad hit size of a 50cent piece. Now I will have to replace it.
So at this rate that is a new windshield every 5000 miles. Any suggestions?

I will be adding a winch in the near future, I ordered a windshiled deflector (I have heard they aren't that effective but if it same just one crack it will pay for it self 5 times over) maybe between the 2 the air flow will change enough to deflect the rocks over windshield

I hear rumors about a gorilla glass replacement. anyone know anything about those ? are they even real or available?

any ideas?

oh and by the way the first hit there were no trucks on the road msut have been kicked up by a car. the second I was 500 feet behind the truck which were in the middle lane and I was in the fast lane.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Nature of the Beast. I got my first crack at 120 miles on the odometer. I now have four with less than 3000 mi. I've gotten them all repaired rather quickly so they haven't traveled, and thankfully none of them are in my line of vision. Other than getting them repaired ASAP, the only thing I could recommend is good glass coverage. Our deductible is $50 per factory replacement. If I choose to go with aftermarket, then it is $0.

WWRuby_Svi

On my JK I got 2 windshield cracks full width within 2 years. It’s pretty common. When I got the JK I added glass coverage with my insurance, it was an extra $7 a month I think and had a $50 deductible for replacement. I’ve been fortunate to not have my JL get a crack yet but it’s likely only a matter of time... I don’t think there is much you can do to prevent this.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
In 30 years of driving I never had to replace a windshield, that is until I moved to Colorado. Lol. I'd have to look up a previous post when I took count, but I think we've been through 6 windshields (4 different vehicles) in 3 years.:crazyeyes: I'm going to hold off on the JL until it gets really bad. Right now it's pretty tolerable. Don't even really notice the cracks now that they are filled.

jjhare

I have 1200 miles on my JLU and have two hits and need to replace. My dealer quoted the gorilla glass at $800 installed.

OconRecon

When did gorilla glass become available for Jeep, was under the impression it was a long way off.

It's been available for the JK's for a while. Many hoped it'd be standard in the JL.

It's talked about here, at the 5 min mark:

Removed, Slanderous

TFL interviewed a rep from Jeep, and they claim the Gorilla Glass benefit is minimal.

Last edited by a moderator:

JTCO

Meme King
Did anyone watch the whole video? I checked out the chick’s yoga pants, for 45 seconds or so, then fell asleep.

I hate how they are using sex appeal to get people I watch there videos!!

Their videos pop up on my youtube feed from time to time. I've skimmed through a couple and yeah, it just seems like a dude advertising his wife's body. Oh and they have a Jeep too.

Rgk401

Their videos pop up on my youtube feed from time to time. I've skimmed through a couple and yeah, it just seems like a dude advertising his wife's body. Oh and they have a Jeep too.

100% right. You don’t need a sexy wife to make a good jeeping video. Every time I see a video on my newsfeed I click not interested,bc all they going to show is her half naked or he say no kev,or oh god kev!!!

Mud Bug

I hate how they are using sex appeal to get people I watch there videos!!

Isn't this why we started following Wayalife? C'mon.. Eddie and that tight ponytail, showing some skin? Do not, however, start wearing yoga pants. Please. :eek: