So what tire pressure do you run everyday city/highway and light trails?

alkapin

I have stock JLUR with 33' and have seen people run anywhere from 30 psi to 42 in the city and down to 10 on trails, with no bead locks. Personally, I find around 35 to be most comfortable in the city and 15 on rough forest roads with some light rock crawling. What is the lowest safe psi wihout the risk of a tire demounting?

JTCO

Meme King
I've accidentally ran 10 on the trail with no issues. I used to keep it around 15psi, but now that I'm running Cooper stt pros, I just keep them at 20. The ground clearance increase may not even be measurable but I've found these tires to stick to rocks so well I just don't feel that I need to go any lower with these tires and 20 is still a comfortable ride.

Patrick

My 2019 JLUR had BFG muds LT255/75/R17 and the sticker on the door says the pressure should be 37 psi

I’ve gone bigger with BFG K02 LT315/70/17 so what pressure should I use?

Basically gone from 32” to 35”

I’ve googled etc and find everyone is different....I’ve seen as low as 28 and as high as 45. I’m guessing 35 should be about right.

Any views?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JTCO

Meme King
My 2019 JLUR had BFG muds LT255/75/R17 and the sticker on the door says the pressure should be 37 psi

I’ve googled etc and find everyone is different....I’ve seen as low as 28 and as high as 45. I’m guessing 35 should be about right.

Any views?

Do a chalk test to ensure accuracy: https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.p...or-315-70-17%92s&p=15682&viewfull=1#post15682

I bet you'll find that 30 psi is just about right.

alkapin

- stock JLUR with 33' KO2s, no bead locks
- 38-40 on highway
- 12-15 on trail/gravel roads
- 6-8 on snow. It was a one time thing but have allowed me to flow on a 1.5 meter deep snow packed mountan road. It was quite an experince on its own! )

Last edited:

Danny

Any views?

I use the 4 psi method and I've had good luck with it over the years. It takes a little work, but the benefits of tire life, mpg, and ride comfort is worth it.The goal is to have 4 psi over the target air pressure, after 20 mins of highway driving. So with BFG 265/70R17 KO2's, cold psi is 32. After 20 mins of driving, the correct at temperature air pressure is 36 psi. Depending on the tire size, the target air pressure will change. If the tire is underinflated, the total at temperature air pressure will not be more than 4 psi. compared to the cold psi you started with. If the tire is overinflated, the total at temperature air pressure will be less than 4 psi. compared to the cold psi. you started with. Also you'll need a real air gauge. Check out Longacre 52-53036. I learned with my new JL, the Tpms sensors are very accurate. Hope that helps you guys.

Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app