Can I run 285/75/R17 on the JLU Sport with out rubbing

blackwell32

Looking to get 33s for my sport. Will most likely go with 285/70/R17 as I don’t do a lot of rock crawling and will be doing light off-roading. I don’t have the money for a lift and this was one reason i was looking at the 285/75/R17. A full 33 but closer to a 34. Has anyone ran this and is there any rubbing on the sport.

Thanks

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As you have come to realize, a 285 is a BIG 33" tire. I would imagine you could run it around town just fine and maybe to do some light wheeling but you'll most likely see some rubbing when flexing on the trail. You might even see some rubbing at a full turn if you run them on factory wheels.

Looking to get 33s for my sport. Will most likely go with 285/70/R17 as I don’t do a lot of rock crawling and will be doing light off-roading. I don’t have the money for a lift and this was one reason i was looking at the 285/75/R17. A full 33 but closer to a 34. Has anyone ran this and is there any rubbing on the sport.

Thanks

Just wondering what you ended up doing?

marka133

First time Jeep owner and watching this post because I just put Toyo C/T Open Country LT 285/70R17s on my Sahara and was concerned because they are noticeably larger than the factory tires. So far no issues, but have no idea if this is a good size for winter, the dealership provided them.

Just curious after reading this is there any difference in the tire clearance between the Sport and the Sahara.

Thanks in advance - love this Jeep stuff am going blind watching YouTube and reading forums.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Mikeandikes96

First time Jeep owner and watching this post because I just put Toyo C/T Open Country LT 285/70R17s on my Sahara and was concerned because they are noticeably larger than the factory tires. So far no issues, but have no idea if this is a good size for winter, the dealership provided them.

Just curious after reading this is there any difference in the tire clearance between the Sport and the Sahara.

Thanks in advance - love this Jeep stuff am going blind watching YouTube and reading forums.

Had two sets of Toyo Open Country AT on my jk and loved them. I just ordered a set of 285/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers