Thoughts on the 2” mopar lift ?

Ronniecash444

What are your thoughts on the mopar lift. Made by the people who designed the Jeep. Fox shocks. How would you compare it to let’s say a metalcloak lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Never ridden in a JL with a MetalCloak lift so I couldn't speak with any authority about how it feels but the Mopar kit is a good kit. You do need to know that it will give you more than 2" of lift though. Between the two, I personally would go with the Mopar kit if only because it comes with 2.5 shocks and rides nicely.

JTCO

Meme King
I haven't heard too much overly positive stuff about Metalcloak in general, but what's your plans for the Jeep? Tire size, type of use, etc?

I have been hearing metalcloak is all hype also heard of the spring bow with the mopar kit needs to be addressed i have been looking at the icon lift and the jks lift also been looking at the rancho with the rs 9000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have been hearing metalcloak is all hype also heard of the spring bow with the mopar kit needs to be addressed i have been looking at the icon lift and the jks lift also been looking at the rancho with the rs 9000

The Rancho 3.5" lift with 9000 long travel shocks is what we're running now. If you watch our JLX videos, you can see what it's capable of. :yup:

GrayBeard

I'm currently running the 2" Mopar Lift and 37s. I have no complaints. I do get some minor rubbing at full articulation, but nothing serious, otherwise its great. The ride is very comfortable, rides better than factory in my opinion.

I ran a Mopar 4" lift on my JKU with 35s and had no issues at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

A couple of shops local to me were pushing JKS for JKs & I’ll admit everything looked high quality. Lots of folks love Rancho, but I’ve never seen the Icon on a Jeep, only Tacomas. They look like the real deal, but I’ve never even met anyone who’s ridden in one.

I've had the Mopar kit with 35's for 14k miles now and it is great. I've had it to Moab and Colorado, and it performed beautifully. Loved the highway ride to and from, too.

I'm not sure what "incomplete" means. I've not experienced anything that tells me it needs something. I'm on stock rims, too. No rubbing, even at full articulation, sway bar disconnected, and steering at full lock.

Jeep JL

I've had the Mopar kit with 35's for 14k miles now and it is great. I've had it to Moab and Colorado, and it performed beautifully. Loved the highway ride to and from, too.

I'm not sure what "incomplete" means. I've not experienced anything that tells me it needs something. I'm on stock rims, too. No rubbing, even at full articulation, sway bar disconnected, and steering at full lock.

Thanks for the input. I am looking at possibly getting the Mopar kit as well.

Wrangler1725

I got the Mopar 2 weeks ago with 35s and have been very pleased. Just installed bumper and winch with no drop in the front.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

This is a 3" lift kit. Not sure why it's marketed as a 2" . So with any lift at 3" or more, I'm looking for a rear track bar mount and at the very least an adjustable front track bar. I would prefer a drag link flip kit , but nobody's made one yet. That I'm aware of. I would prefer adjustable front lower control arms. The fox 2.5 shocks are very nice, but they are very short that don't offer much droop. I guess that's why they don't include brake line drop brackets.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

BBDOC

I really like my dynatrac lift. Thank you Eddie and Dynatrac for the perfect entry level lift. It’s the perfect blend for road and light off-road. Its’s the best and only option for the Rubi running 35’s in my opinion . It has a great stance without looking like a roller skate:).

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
PSA to anyone that's running this kit. You need to address your front brake lines. Since there's no drop brackets, you're basically using your brake lines as limit straps. Just want people to be safe.

offcamber

I'd skip both. Mopar is incomplete. Mc, they are good at marketing with their infomercials.

If you look around you can find it pretty cheap. I picked it up for $850 on Ebay. Bought RK adj trackbars front and rear for $150 each and a set of RK spring perches for the front (mopar spring perches, even the stock ones will fail). I've been running the kit as described for about 10K miles on 37's. No issues. For the front brakes I just let the lines hang, same as I did on my JK for 6 years. No issues.