JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 3 | From the Hualapai Mountains to Sedona

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After licking our wounds from from our epic 2nd day on the 2018 Nitto JL-Experience presented by KMC, Mel decided to give us a break from the rocks and took us out on an overland expedition across the desert and mountains of Arizona. Along the way, we would get to explore a historic mining camp, wheel across an amazing piece of private property, go on a short hike to see some ancient petroglyphs and then wrap our day turning a few wrenches, out in a parking lot. Again, being that we were not attending the JLX as official videographers, we were not able to get the footage we would have preferred but hope that you'll be able to still enjoy this 3rd episode of REUNION, for what it is. Thank you for watching.

A good bottle jack is your friend.
https://amzn.to/2L0OOAu

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you missed your chance to WIN a pair of all NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our new drawing and a WINNER will be selected at random and announced before our next video release. :cool:

IMG_3903.jpg

Rellik

Great adventure so far thank you for sharing. That axle change in the parking lot after a long day on the trail looked rough. Glad no one got hurt when the Jl shifted off the jack

JTCO

Meme King
Nice video. Harris sure seems like a cool guy. Can't believe that fucking scissor jack. I've seen several damaged and bent over the years but none ever fail with the vehicle weight on it! Holy fuck, that was crazy!

RMC2

Very cool day - again. It got really sporting when the factory jack collapsed on Harris, but he is quick on his feet thankfully and didn’t even get excited.

Sucks that the shafts are still unequal lengths.

And I love petroglyphs, especially kokopellis.

GCM 2.0

JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 3 | Overland Expedition Across Arizona

I know many people like the action packed crawling days (Pt 2) in the series, but on this JLX, practically everything that we encountered after leaving that canyon and drove into Oatman, followed by the Sleeping Princess trail and the start of this day on to the day 5 finale were the best parts the trip. Getting to experience all the hidden treasures along the way have always been the best memories.

Cindy/Eddie, I cannot emphasize enough how grateful I am that you were both there to capture it all for everyone. I am always amazed at how you completely capture the feeling of the entire trip on film. Something not very easy to do.
Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jeeeep

very cool! :thumb:

The private land was very cool, what a backyard to have!

Bagdad Az, never would've imagined it being that scenic.

Did Harris just happened to have a spare shaft and get lucky it was the drive side?

Good thing Harris was quick on his feet - damn, that sucks.

The scissor jack on my JK failed at the threads, it just quit lifting without getting the tire off the ground - to have it in the in the air like that and buckle ...wow!

Spack

That means there’s gonna be a part 4!!! Noice!!!! Like Greg said earlier, you and Cindy capture the essence and camaraderie of the trip because you know everyone and are all friends. That’s not something the “pros” are going to be able to do and makes all your vids so fun. Can’t wait for the next part. Thanks for putting these together.

GCM 2.0

JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 3 | Overland Expedition Across Arizona

That means there’s gonna be a part 4!!!

Honestly, I have no idea if there will be a part 4. I just know how many days we wheeled around the desert, rocks and woods. Eddie and Cindy only know the secret number of parts in a series [emoji12]

Even though I have been honored and privileged to be invited or support many of these events, I always look forward to the WAYALIFE Videos as much as I do when I get the phone call or text from Mel Wade asking if I want to go wheeling. And usually he reaches out at a bizarre time of day, and always just days or hours from the start of a pre-run or the event itself. It’s all part of the adventure!

Kd7irm

Honestly, I have no idea if there will be a part 4. I just know how many days we wheeled around the desert, rocks and woods. Eddie and Cindy only know the secret number of parts in a series [emoji12]

Even though I have been honored and privileged to be invited or support many of these events, I always look forward to the WAYALIFE Videos as much as I do when I get the phone call or text from Mel Wade asking if I want to go wheeling. And usually he reaches out at a bizarre time of day, and always just days or hours from the start of a pre-run or the event itself. It’s all part of the adventure!

Greg, your absolutely right WAYALIFE videos are something to look forward to, every one of them. And yep when Mel says “hey, want to go wheeling tomorrow”, it was a no brainer yes. And it turned out to be an epic adventure with some awesome folks for sure! :) lol.

2008jk

Another great video! The way you capture these events is awesome. Thanks for bringing us along through your videos.

Trail Bud

Cool video as always. Love the music at the petroglyphs.
The concrete building looked familiar too.
Also the ranch is a cool place.
Great trip.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great adventure so far thank you for sharing. That axle change in the parking lot after a long day on the trail looked rough. Glad no one got hurt when the Jl shifted off the jack

The JL didn't shift off the jack, if you listen carefully, you can "hear" a *ping* just as the jack gave out. You can even hear the jack having issues as Kelly tries to raise the Jeep a bit higher and Harris comments about how it didn't sound good. A scissor jack really should never be used to work on a Jeep especially being one that is MUCH TALLER and heavier than stock - what a scissor jack was made for.

Nice video. Harris sure seems like a cool guy. Can't believe that fucking scissor jack. I've seen several damaged and bent over the years but none ever fail with the vehicle weight on it! Holy fuck, that was crazy!

Yeah, we got lucky for sure. If you're gonna lift your Jeep and carry a LOT more weight, you really should carry a jack that can accommodate both. Glad you liked the video. :yup:

Very cool day - again. It got really sporting when the factory jack collapsed on Harris, but he is quick on his feet thankfully and didn’t even get excited.

Sucks that the shafts are still unequal lengths.

And I love petroglyphs, especially kokopellis.

The jack failure was exciting for sure and we were lucky nobody got hurt. The shaft length difference is a bummer but nothing new.

I know many people like the action packed crawling days (Pt 2) in the series, but on this JLX, practically everything that we encountered after leaving that canyon and drove into Oatman, followed by the Sleeping Princess trail and the start of this day on to the day 5 finale were the best parts the trip. Getting to experience all the hidden treasures along the way have always been the best memories.

Cindy/Eddie, I cannot emphasize enough how grateful I am that you were both there to capture it all for everyone. I am always amazed at how you completely capture the feeling of the entire trip on film. Something not very easy to do.
Thank you so much!

Thank you Greg, we're truly flattered you would say as much. We know full well that there are people out there who are way better at this, have much nicer equipment and get tons more views on YouTube but we try our hardest to capture what we can. For better or for worse, a lot of that is just us having a good time with good friends - people like you. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Once again, thanks for bringing us along!! It’s great to see the JLs prove they can do it.

Oh yeah, the JL's are definitely an improvement over the JK and we're glad you've been enjoying the ride :)

Wow. Another great video. Thanks Eddie and Cindy.

Ok what bottle jack is that. I’m sold...

The jack you see in the video is one that I bought from Napa 25 years or so ago. I don't think that particular model is made anymore but I do have a link under the video on the first post that goes to one you can buy on Amazon that's similar. At least, in terms of capacity and size.

Love your videos ! Great adventures .

Thank you :)

very cool! :thumb:

The private land was very cool, what a backyard to have!

Bagdad Az, never would've imagined it being that scenic.

Did Harris just happened to have a spare shaft and get lucky it was the drive side?

Good thing Harris was quick on his feet - damn, that sucks.

The scissor jack on my JK failed at the threads, it just quit lifting without getting the tire off the ground - to have it in the in the air like that and buckle ...wow!

Harris bent his shaft prior to the JLX and was carrying a new replacement shaft just in case. By the time we got to Sedona, it was worse and he had enough of the squeaking it was making.

That means there’s gonna be a part 4!!! Noice!!!! Like Greg said earlier, you and Cindy capture the essence and camaraderie of the trip because you know everyone and are all friends. That’s not something the “pros” are going to be able to do and makes all your vids so fun. Can’t wait for the next part. Thanks for putting these together.

Thank you. Fortunately, we are all friends and it never takes any effort to capture all the fun we're really having. We're so glad you enjoy all our sillyness. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Harris got lucky as hell!! Glad to know the shafts are side specific again.

Yeah, got confirmation about them after the fact. If you have a Rubicon, it's important to know.

Actually, there was only going to be 3 parts with this one going to the very end. Being that we were falling behind and started to realize just how long it would have been, we decided to cut it and make the rest of it a 4th and final part. Coming soon :)

As you know, it'd been a while since we've attended one of these and I can't tell you just how glad Cindy and I were to see you joining in for the fun. So hope we can do it again and soon. :yup:

Greg, your absolutely right WAYALIFE videos are something to look forward to, every one of them. And yep when Mel says “hey, want to go wheeling tomorrow”, it was a no brainer yes. And it turned out to be an epic adventure with some awesome folks for sure! :) lol.

LOL - thank you again for having out to the ranch. We had a great time and appreciated your hospitality :thumb:

Thanks for another great video!

You bet! So glad you enjoyed it :)

Another great video! The way you capture these events is awesome. Thanks for bringing us along through your videos.

Thank you. All we can do is share the fun we had and we're so glad that people like yourself can enjoy it all :)

Cool video as always. Love the music at the petroglyphs.
The concrete building looked familiar too.
Also the ranch is a cool place.
Great trip.

LOL!! You've been there with us before :)