dixonk JLUR

dixonk

Bought my JLUR a couple weeks ago. Right away wife was complaining about trying to get in and out so I ordered some Roam side armor steps. Awesome steps and awesome price. Anthony shipped fast and responded fast.

Installed a Roadmaster direct connect tow package and Roadmaster off road tow bar along with the new Cooltech tow harness. Couldn’t be happier.

This week I installed a Warn Zeon 10S winch and Mopar winch guard.

This Thursday as soon as my Mopar mounting brackets show up I will be installing my Baja Designs 10” Onx6+ Lightbar.

IMG_3358.jpg
IMG_3508.jpg
IMG_3392.jpg
IMG_3412.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Installed my Baja Designs Onx6 lightbar along with the Mopar mounting clamps. View attachment 7722
View attachment 7723

Looks great. I'm running a pair of BD XL80 combos upfront. They were pretty goddamn spendy, but I've been very happy with the performance. I've driven on pitch black mountain and forest roads with these, and can't imagine the need for any further forward facing auxiliary lighting. What number switch did you put them on?

20180819_192230-1280x960.jpg

dixonk

Looks great. I'm running a pair of BD XL80 combos upfront. They were pretty goddamn spendy, but I've been very happy with the performance. I've driven on pitch black mountain and forest roads with these, and can't imagine the need for any further forward facing auxiliary lighting. What number switch did you put them on?

View attachment 7727

I had the 20” version of that bar on my Raptor. That light bar was like having the power of the sun at the flip of a switch. It was literally turning night into day. BD is proud of their stuff but they are quality lights.

I haven’t wired it up yet. Have to pick up daughter from the airport. Will wire it to Aux 1 tomorrow. I can’t imagine needing anymore light than that. If anything maybe some reverse lights.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I had the 20” version of that bar on my Raptor. That light bar was like having the power of the sun at the flip of a switch. It was literally turning night into day. BD is proud of their stuff but they are quality lights.

I haven’t wired it up yet. Have to pick up daughter from the airport. Will wire it to Aux 1 tomorrow. I can’t imagine needing anymore light than that. If anything maybe some reverse lights.

I definitely need reverse lights, and then maybe Rock lights because they look so darn cool. I put mine on switch 4 as it was the easiest one for both myself and my passenger to share. LOL.

dixonk

I definitely need reverse lights, and then maybe Rock lights because they look so darn cool. I put mine on switch 4 as it was the easiest one for both myself and my passenger to share. LOL.

Backing out my driveway at night is sketchy. The reverse lights really suck. With it being dark so early there are a lot of neighbors out walking. License plate couldn’t be in a worse location for using flush mount s2 Pros.

SSBattalion

View attachment 7727

This looks great...curious why you elected to run the Factor 55 fairlead but not one of their hooks?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
This looks great...curious why you elected to run the Factor 55 fairlead but not one of their hooks?

I used to use a Factor 55 Prolink with the same winch and light setup on my JK. The light mount/bracket has a ridge on it (circled in red). The base of the prolink would not clear the ridge with my standard 1" fairlead. The Factor 55 1.5" fairlead allowed the Prolink to sit flush without hitting the ridge on the bracket. I now use a hook, and gave the Prolink away with my JK.

20181220_205501.jpg

EugenetheJeep

Reverse Lights definitely when there's no city lights to help. I followed User MacJack idea of putting them inside the spare tire (possibly with an aftermarket wheel)

Literally night and day difference when you need that extra light.Screenshot_20190127-153209_Drive.jpegIMG_1792.jpeg7%20new%20bul%20installed.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
Wow. Those lights put out like a drunk Vegas college chick. Great job. Both of our jeeps still need better backup lights, just haven't gotten around to it.