JL JOURNAL : Gravel Caught Between the JL Wrangler Fender and Body FIX

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As much as Cindy and I love the way the all new Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Fenders look, we're completely dumbfounded by the fact that they have these huge gravel catching gaps between them and the body. I mean, of all the models made, the Rubicon is the one that’ll most likely see playtime off road and someone at Jeep had to of known that this was going to be a problem. Of course, what's even more frustrating is that it doesn’t take much to fix this problem and automotive manufacturers have been doing it for almost a century now. What these fenders need, is some welting.

After being annoyed to no end having to phish out small rocks, gravel and coarse sand every time we went off-roading, I did some research and found a rubber seal that should work well as a welt. made out of the same material that you find along the edges of your doors, it's weather proof, durable, won't effect your paint and most importantly, it's cheap. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, I’ll show you just how easy it is to install and how you can fix this annoying rocks in the fender problem, once and for all.

What You'll Need
25 Feet - Trim-Lok Rubber Tubing Seal .276” Outside Diameter
https://amzn.to/2PFIIHt

Plastic Trim Tool Set
https://amzn.to/2BP1WHP

Please let me know if you have any questions. :cool:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
What a great solution. I'll have to order up soon. One thing I've been disappointed in is how beat up my rear fender flares are. I noticed your driver rear is already cracked, what's the scoop?

LauraRose

Thanks for another informative video with an affordable solution to a problem so many of us have been frustrated by. I clicked on your link to purchase, but it appears to be out of stock already. I'll keep checking until it's back in stock. Thanks again for sharing the info with us!

Laura Rose from PA

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I’ll be ordering some as soon as I get home. I’ve been picking rocks out everyday for the last week.

I can only imagine. :icon_crazy:

Great fix I'll be ordering !!

Thanks,

Hammer

It is my understanding that they sold out last night but should be getting more in soon.

What a great solution. I'll have to order up soon. One thing I've been disappointed in is how beat up my rear fender flares are. I noticed your driver rear is already cracked, what's the scoop?

We saw this on the JK too. The rear fenders getting beat up is maybe the only reason why I wish we had gotten black instead of color matched. We got the crack last winter snow wheeling. We were in deep snow and couldn't see a deep rut that essentially swallowed up the driver side in an instant. So, if you can believe it, "snow" broke it. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great idea and great solution to the “factory” problem. Thanks again for all your dedication, hard work, and generosity in sharing it with the rest of us. There will be a run on welt material on Amazon for sure

LOL!! From what I was told, they sold out within the first hour of this video being posted up. Even 100' lengths of it are sold out. :crazyeyes:

Thanks for another informative video with an affordable solution to a problem so many of us have been frustrated by. I clicked on your link to purchase, but it appears to be out of stock already. I'll keep checking until it's back in stock. Thanks again for sharing the info with us!

Laura Rose from PA

Sorry, I suppose I should have given the members on here a heads up first. They should have more in again soon.

Great solution! Thanks for the post Eddie!

Glad that to share some of our solutions with all of you :yup:

Thanks for being the guinea pig. I’ll be ordering through the link!

LOL!! It took a few tries with different materials but it was worth it to come up with this solution. :cool:

Tubing is out of stock. You guys are fast! lol

Apparently, there are thousands of people who have this problem and all want it fixed :crazyeyes: