Fresh start.

WiscoHR

I almost sent the skid plates back. Tiny scratch on the powder coating. Might rust up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I will say if there is one thing EVO could step up on is the powder coat. I’d almost rather get their parts raw and rattle can them. My tire carrier already has some orange spots coming through on the seams and edges. And WI hasn’t even started throwing the salt down yet. But I have grown used to pulling parts and re-spraying them every spring and fall.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I will say if there is one thing EVO could step up on is the powder coat. I’d almost rather get their parts raw and rattle can them. My tire carrier already has some orange spots coming through on the seams and edges. And WI hasn’t even started throwing the salt down yet. But I have grown used to pulling parts and re-spraying them every spring and fall.

The only thing I wish evo stepped up is their instructions. I'm not used to these skids. Different designs than the jk.

olram30

WiscoHR

I haven't even bothered to look online. But it looks like it bolts to the control arm again. No oil pan skid on the jl, just a big plate.

Just looks at the pics of them again. Think the new set up will be more straight forward compared to the JK. On my JK I had one of the nuts in the frame rail break loose of the tack welds and my arms didn’t bend in the directions needed to get to the bolts on top of the rear of the trans skids.

Rgk401

I can say I installed the evo skids on my jl without instructions and it wasn’t bad. The bolts that attach to the motor mount is a pain to get in but it helps to have a extra pair of hands and maybe a jack stand. Oh and for anyone asking the evo jl skid plates for a 4 door will work for a 2 door jl.

olram30

I can say I installed the evo skids on my jl without instructions and it wasn’t bad. The bolts that attach to the motor mount is a pain to get in but it helps to have a extra pair of hands and maybe a jack stand. Oh and for anyone asking the evo jl skid plates for a 4 door will work for a 2 door jl.

It looks easy. I couldn't find directions online. I'll figure it out. Still waiting in the jeep. Lol

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I don't remember where, but I read where somebody's special order JL was inadvertently sold to another person by a weekend noob-salesperson. I'm pretty sure he waited a hell of a long time for delivery. Talk about heartbroken AND furious.