Death wobble, did Jeep help you?

Do you have a case open with Jeep? If so can you tell me the number. I'd love to be able to reference a stock Jeep that has the same issue. That would be a big help!

Thanks!
Ray

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I reread your opening thread. Have you called Jeep Wave? 1 (844) 533-7928 I called them because the dealer aligned it, I openly admitted to wheeling it, & they told me “yeah, it’s still better than a JK”. They were done with me. Jeep Wave was my escalation.

Has anyone checked their intermediate steering shaft? I forgot but a few years back the one on my JK was shot. I regressed it with a needle through the boot & that helped immensely.

Bongoray

I reread your opening thread. Have you called Jeep Wave? 1 (844) 533-7928 I called them because the dealer aligned it, I openly admitted to wheeling it, & they told me “yeah, it’s still better than a JK”. They were done with me. Jeep Wave was my escalation.

Has anyone checked their intermediate steering shaft? I forgot but a few years back the one on my JK was shot. I regressed it with a needle through the boot & that helped immensely.

Hi. I haven't called them but I will. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Westy

stabilizer

They finally put a new steering stabilizer in my JLU because of the RRT (or something like that). It helped a lot, but the Jeep still wanders around a little bit. I don't know if there is something loose or if the Jeep is steering itself by way of road unevenness and wind. Previously, I had a lot of non-dealer work done on it so that I could keep it between the white and the yellow line while driving. Did that because my dealer was saying there was nothing wrong. Set the caster to 7 degrees by way of Rusty's lower control arms, and tightened the steering box. The JLU is no longer dangerous to drive, but it is certainly not easy to drive.
What I have learned is that a warranty is useless if the dealer says there is nothing wrong with your vehicle.

EugenetheJeep

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Apparently there is a class action lawsuit against FCA over the death wobble.....I haven't had it in the JL yet, but did experience it in a TJ....slowing down seemed to settle it down (was expecting to see a wheel go flying out in front of me while driving).

Sent from my SM-G955U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

How fucking stupid. This is why 90% of people should not own a Jeep. Or any solid axle vehicle for that matter.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Bongoray

Any update?

Sorry I've been really busy with work. I reached out to Dr. Deathwobble on facebook. He suggested having slightly less toe in and more caster than what I was previously running. BOOM! No more wobble. The Jeep is rock solid over all bumps and tracks way better.

Previous settings:
Caster L: 5.1 R: 5.2
Total toe: .22 deg in

New settings:
Caster L: 6.7 R: 6.9
Total toe: .17