JL Wrangler AXLES - Dana M186 & M210 Front / M200 & M220 Rear

13_gecko_rubi

Eddie the only thing I see that doesn’t appear correct is that 205mm optional front on Sahara. The Sahara always has a 186 front.

Both the Sport and Sahara have an optional rear 220. Anyone ordering one, you won’t see an axle option to pick. It is part of the limited slip diff. If you order the limited slip it comes with a rear 220. It is in the details if your dealer looks.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie the only thing I see that doesn’t appear correct is that 205mm optional front on Sahara. The Sahara always has a 186 front.

Both the Sport and Sahara have an optional rear 220. Anyone ordering one, you won’t see an axle option to pick. It is part of the limited slip diff. If you order the limited slip it comes with a rear 220. It is in the details if your dealer looks.

As I had state on my first post, I wasn't able to verify the "optional" Sahara info. Needless to say, I appreciate your accurate information. :thumb:

13_gecko_rubi

So with these Rubi axles, 37s are safe to have? Wonder how breaking would be. Maybe it’s nice I can’t get one until late this year so pioneers can shine light for us.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
I'd say it's kind of like the JK. 37s are safe to have depending on driving style and how you wheel. If you spend most of time on road and wheel it in a careful not too extreme manner (which is all fine!!!!) They will survive just like they do on a JK. If your idea of wheeling is bombing through the desert, plan to upgrade. Speed kills parts!

Sent via....

JAGS

I really wish these axles were transferable to the JK. That would have been perfect for my situation.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say it's kind of like the JK. 37s are safe to have depending on driving style and how you wheel. If you spend most of time on road and wheel it in a careful not too extreme manner (which is all fine!!!!) They will survive just like they do on a JK. If your idea of wheeling is bombing through the desert, plan to upgrade. Speed kills parts!

Sent via....

Oh yeah, nothing breaks parts like a little speed :crazyeyes:

JeepFan

Sent via....

I don't like to bomb through the desert but when I do, I'm usually following Eddie! Then this happened. :crazyeyes:

IMG_20180108_161537.jpg

Danny

Dana Axles

It is my understanding for lighter wheeling, the M186/M200 max tire size 35s. The M200/M220 combo is good for 37s. Does that sound about right?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It is my understanding for lighter wheeling, the M186/M200 max tire size 35s. The M200/M220 combo is good for 37s. Does that sound about right?

35's in general are probably fine but we've seen multiple front axle housing breaks on Rubicons running 37's.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ouch. The way that broke at end of weld is the main issue with gussets etc. You create brittle points at ends of the weld due to heat if not don't exactly right.

Sent via....

Not sure how I missed this the first time around but I should note that his axle was trussed as well. :crazyeyes:

Danny

That's all I needed to know. Thanks a bunch. Next question. Do I go with light and nimble Dynatrac 44/60 semi float for 37's? Or strong and steady Dynatrac 60/60 full float for hard wheeling 37's? I only want to do this once.

13_gecko_rubi

That's all I needed to know. Thanks a bunch. Next question. Do I go with light and nimble Dynatrac 44/60 semi float for 37's? Or strong and steady Dynatrac 60/60 full float for hard wheeling 37's? I only want to do this once.
Having bought one before I'd never recommend upgrading to a semi float 60. You don't really gain much. Still will bend flanges. Go pr44 front and stock rear or 60/60... Or 60/80. Went through that whole sequence in my JK lol. JL will only get one set when they get swapped eventually.

Sent via....