My Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator JT Build Thread

JTCO

Meme King
Went ahead and installed the Rugged Ridge door sill step guards. I almost bought the Mopar ones because of the word 'Gladiator' printed on them, but the Mopar ones just didn't cover enough to protect the paint. These things fit really well.

DSC05675.jpg

DSC05678.jpg

ddays v2

Went ahead and installed the Rugged Ridge door sill step guards. I almost bought the Mopar ones because of the word 'Gladiator' printed on them, but the Mopar ones just didn't cover enough to protect the paint. These things fit really well.

I did the same and really like them. Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also ordered the Mopar ones for my JL & sent them back. The Rugged Ridge ones are way nicer

JTCO

Meme King
Installed some Mopar grab handles that I got for Christmas. Easy install, good design, and even has a little Jeep logo.

IMG_20191225_105842_360.jpg

IMG_20191225_110146_540.jpg

And installed an eject button for when the wife and kids annoy me.

IMG_20191225_091552_861.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
Curious what mileage you did your first change? I was going to do mine around 3k or so for the first change.

3200 miles. I always change it around 3k on all my vehicles even if the manufacturer says that I can go longer. And if you're going to do it yourself, definitely use Eddie's Amazon links in the oil change thread. That MS-6395 oil is really expensive elsewhere. I went to a couple parts stores (prior to when I was ready to do it), and it's close to double what the Amazon link is.

mac214

3200 miles. I always change it around 3k on all my vehicles even if the manufacturer says that I can go longer. And if you're going to do it yourself, definitely use Eddie's Amazon links in the oil change thread. That MS-6395 oil is really expensive elsewhere. I went to a couple parts stores (prior to when I was ready to do it), and it's close to double what the Amazon link is.

Great minds think alike! Will do on Eddy’s link - thanks.

I got a Mityvac last year which makes oil changes stupid easy. Although getting under the Jeep will be much easier than my car.

mac214

I have a Sport with no lift and it was very easy to reach the drain plug for the pan. I didn't even have to fully crawl under.

Yea, my previous car was an e39 540 and an e39 M5. They were notorious for having the oil pan strip for no reason at all, which prompted the Mityvac purchase. They were easy to wrench on but happy to be back in a Jeep after a long hiatus.

Hopefully I can do the meet up in Jan with you all.

JTCO

Meme King
Got up in the snow today (unexpectedly). But fun either way.

KIMG0102.jpg

Got to play with the manual shifting mode up and down on a couple of icy hills. Works perfect. Love it.

KIMG0104.jpg