Lod signature front bump & zeon

JTCO

Meme King
Does anyone have a lod front bumper & managed to get a zeon in it? I followed the directions to install the bumper but the winch won't fit. View attachment 6638

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

What part isn't fitting? Also, did the bumper definitely specify that the Zeon would fit? We have the signature series on our JK and got a non-zeon version. We made it fit with a plasma cutter. I would imagine with the Zeon being so popular though that any bumper manufactured now would allow it to fit.

Jesse_01

The winch is suppose to fit with in the bumper. Your have to put the bumper on first before you put the winch in.

The bumper was designed for zeon, that's what the packing slip & box said.

This is what it is suppose to look like. IMG_2043.JPG

Rampart22

I’ve talked with LOD and they mentioned the Zeon bumper in the signature series is slightly different then the normal bumper and has to be specified when ordering. I wonder if they sent you the wrong ( normal) one.

Jesse_01

I’ve talked with LOD and they mentioned the Zeon bumper in the signature series is slightly different then the normal bumper and has to be specified when ordering. I wonder if they sent you the wrong ( normal) one.

That's what I am wondering. Box was correct, packing slip was correct, maybe it had the wrong one in the box. 2 month wait & it doesn't fit.
IMG_2044.JPG

JTCO

Meme King
Looking at your pics, it looks like maybe it would be easier to install the winch in the bumper first, then install the whole thing onto the Jeep. BTW, are you relocating the control box? I noticed it's missing.

JTCO

Meme King
I just went out and looked at our JK. It's damn near perfectly similar. I installed this myself and I am 100% sure that I did not put the winch through the bullbar. I put it in between the grill and the bar, and I remember the grill bending because it was tight as fuck. We also have the 10s on this Jeep.

IMG_20181030_195808_082.jpg

IMG_20181030_195722_010.jpg

If you're worried about damaging the grill, loosen the bumper bolts a little just to move it forward a little. But I see no way that you're going to fit that winch through the front opening. I think it has to go in by the grill.

Jesse_01

I just went out and looked at our JK. It's damn near perfectly similar. I installed this myself and I am 100% sure that I did not put the winch through the bullbar. I put it in between the grill and the bar, and I remember the grill bending because it was tight as fuck. We also have the 10s on this Jeep.

View attachment 6642

View attachment 6643

If you're worried about damaging the grill, loosen the bumper bolts a little just to move it forward a little. But I see no way that you're going to fit that winch through the front opening. I think it has to go in by the grill.

Hmm I can measure. I can't pop the grill out, the clearance between the grill shroud & bump is only about 1/16".

Jesse_01

View attachment 6642

View attachment 6643

This is how much room I have. I am going to double check that my grill is popped in all the way tonight. That's the only other thing I can think off.
IMG_2084.JPGIMG_2085.JPG

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
The Zeon vs Non-Zeon bumpers is just the location of the fairlead opening (which is centered) for the Zeon version. There should be about 1/2" of clearance between your grill and the bumper. Did you install the spacers between the frame plate and bumper? Without those spacers you would be sitting really close to the grill. In some cases, depending on your jeep, you may have to remove the grill to get the winch installed. On our JL we did not have to remove the grill.

Feel free to give us a call and we can help figure out whats going on! 765-385-0631

Jeep JL

Your bumper looks really close to the grill. This is with a Warn v10, but no issues getting it in there. Good luck.

image.jpg

Jesse_01

The Zeon vs Non-Zeon bumpers is just the location of the fairlead opening (which is centered) for the Zeon version. There should be about 1/2" of clearance between your grill and the bumper. Did you install the spacers between the frame plate and bumper? Without those spacers you would be sitting really close to the grill. In some cases, depending on your jeep, you may have to remove the grill to get the winch installed. On our JL we did not have to remove the grill.

Feel free to give us a call and we can help figure out whats going on! 765-385-0631

Hello, I did give you guys a call this morning. I was told that there is lots of these bumpers out there with zeon winches. So I was trying to find someone that had one to compare. The guy I talked to said he didn't know what could cause the issues & to either return the bumper or they could ship out more shims. Here is how I have the shims installed.

IMG_2088.JPG

WiscoHR

What about this. I don’t have the LoD bumper but to get the Zeon installed in mine. I installed the winch plate. Set the winch on it without bolting it down. Then slid the bumper on. That way I could slide the winch side to side to get to the bumper bolts. Then tightened the winch down. I just looked at their directions and that might work for you.