15.50 wide tires

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not on my JL or JT but I've done it a couple of times on my JK's. Great looking setup but it has it's pluses and minuses and enough so of the later that I now run 13.50 again.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My purpose is for the Pacific Northwest muddy conditions.

The kind of super tight trails that you guys have IS the reason why I stopped running 15.50. With full width axles and 15.50s, my JK's stood super wide and it was difficult to squeeze in between the trees. I would NOT recommend them for you.

DEFCON1

The kind of super tight trails that you guys have IS the reason why I stopped running 15.50. With full width axles and 15.50s, my JK's stood super wide and it was difficult to squeeze in between the trees. I would NOT recommend them for you.

So what you’re saying is, if the trails weren’t tight you’d go back to running 15.5s.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Toycrusher

I was wondering the same thing. I have 38 x 15.5 SSRs on my gen 1 RAM and I love them. They drive and handle fantastic and they look awesome. I've been itching to put some on my jlur but was hoping to get some feedback first.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a shot of Rubicat back when she was running 40x15.50s

main.php

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you notice any ride/handling changes over a 13.50?

They track more on the highway as in, they'll pick groves and want to follow them more. Even with a ram assist, they'll offer some resistance when aired down low and on grippy terrain. Comparing a Toyo 37x13.50 with it's load range D, the ride quality is about the same - kinda harsh unless you run them at about 24 psi.

19hellayella

We have done a few for the lot at the dealership I work for. This is the only one I got pictures of. 38x15.50 Mickey Thompson Baja BossFB_IMG_1570641637605.jpgFB_IMG_1570641732118.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk