Mopar beadlock?

Four Flusher

I’m confused, looks to me that you can get mopar fake beadlockers that have a replaceable ring? And also a true beadlock wheel, for like $600. Anyone have the dope on mopar wheels? I don’t want a Beadlock wheel, just want something with a replaceable ring, since my current methods look like shit after wheeling

13_gecko_rubi

I’m confused, looks to me that you can get mopar fake beadlockers that have a replaceable ring? And also a true beadlock wheel, for like $600. Anyone have the dope on mopar wheels? I don’t want a Beadlock wheel, just want something with a replaceable ring, since my current methods look like shit after wheeling
The mopar beadlocks can be run as either a beadlock or normal wheel. They come with decorative replaceable rock rings. If u want to use them as beadlocks u have to get the beadlock ring. $600 for what? The mopar beadlocks with the decorative ring are like $395 msrp each.

Sent via....

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
13_gecko_rubi is spot on, the wheel pulls double duty. Ford did this with their Raptor wheel too.

If you're looking for something more economical, Vision has a few good choices such as the Nemesis, Creep, and Se7en. The Nemesis uses a polymer material ring whereas the Se7en and Creep use a metal ring.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
13_gecko_rubi is spot on, the wheel pulls double duty. Ford did this with their Raptor wheel too.

If you're looking for something more economical, Vision has a few good choices such as the Nemesis, Creep, and Se7en. The Nemesis uses a polymer material ring whereas the Se7en and Creep use a metal ring.

LOL!! I was just about to suggest some good alternatives but see that you've already got this covered :thumb:

JAGS

You didn’t put the level 8 wheels in that grouping?

Other than vision and the two level 8 options are you aware of any others with the removable/replaceable rock rings?

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
You didn’t put the level 8 wheels in that grouping?

Other than vision and the two level 8 options are you aware of any others with the removable/replaceable rock rings?

Sadly, the Level 8 Pro Series wheels that come with bolt-on scratch guards are sold out and currently out of production. I'm not sure if they will be coming back :(

The only other option that I think offers a bolt-on ring is the Rugged Ridge XHD.

JAGS

Sadly, the Level 8 Pro Series wheels that come with bolt-on scratch guards are sold out and currently out of production. I'm not sure if they will be coming back :(

The only other option that I think offers a bolt-on ring is the Rugged Ridge XHD.

That’s a bummer on the level 8s. I was considering those. I have old version zx on my JK from you guys. [emoji106]

I was also looking at the nemesis in gunmetal. Have you heard of any complaints on those? Can you order extra rock rings?

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
That’s a bummer on the level 8s. I was considering those. I have old version zx on my JK from you guys. [emoji106]

I was also looking at the nemesis in gunmetal. Have you heard of any complaints on those? Can you order extra rock rings?

I'm running the ZX on my rig too, love that wheel!

As for the Nemesis, no complaints that I've seen. The Nemesis is actually the rebranded version of our MB 11 (discontinued) and if you read any threads on this wheel you probably noticed people running them with good results. Additional rock rings can be ordered in pairs of 2.

JAGS

I'm running the ZX on my rig too, love that wheel!

As for the Nemesis, no complaints that I've seen. The Nemesis is actually the rebranded version of our MB 11 (discontinued) and if you read any threads on this wheel you probably noticed people running them with good results. Additional rock rings can be ordered in pairs of 2.

No complaints on the zx here either. Just don’t wheel in the rocks without the rings....[emoji33] jacked a wheel pretty good...but the ring will cover it[emoji6].

Thanks for the info on the rings. I couldn’t find any ordering info for additional rings on the nemesis.

NFRs2000NYC

DirtyLife wheels have the same functionality as well, can be used in a bead mount with a faux plastic ring, or a true beadlock mount. I may be leaning towards them myself, as I really like their wheel designs. I wouldn't be surprised if one company has a patent on the double mount wheel design and makes all these wheels under different names.

JAGS

DirtyLife wheels have the same functionality as well, can be used in a bead mount with a faux plastic ring, or a true beadlock mount. I may be leaning towards them myself, as I really like their wheel designs. I wouldn't be surprised if one company has a patent on the double mount wheel design and makes all these wheels under different names.

Cool looking wheel. Hard to tell from the site, but those ring bolts appear to stick out beyond the ring. Something to consider/confirm if you do pull the trigger.

XD has some awesome new wheels that could sport a ring guard option, but they don’t. I’m afraid of messing up the wheel, but not sure I need the true beadlock. My JK has done great with ring guard. And saved some $$$ over true beadlocks.

Four Flusher

Thanks for the response. Se7en looks pretty good, I assume you can buy a replacement ring?

NFRs2000NYC

Cool looking wheel. Hard to tell from the site, but those ring bolts appear to stick out beyond the ring. Something to consider/confirm if you do pull the trigger.

XD has some awesome new wheels that could sport a ring guard option, but they don’t. I’m afraid of messing up the wheel, but not sure I need the true beadlock. My JK has done great with ring guard. And saved some $$$ over true beadlocks.

I don’t believe they do but I’ll email them and ask. I’m planning on running the faux beadlock just to prevent curbing the wheels and off-road damage. I daily drive my Jeep and am a bit weary of running a beadlock on the road, especially since I don’t have the time to commit to maintaining them.

JAGS

I don’t believe they do but I’ll email them and ask. I’m planning on running the faux beadlock just to prevent curbing the wheels and off-road damage. I daily drive my Jeep and am a bit weary of running a beadlock on the road, especially since I don’t have the time to commit to maintaining them.

Be sure to post up what they say about those bolts.

I hear you on the beadlocks. I’m torn a bit. Love the machetes. But not sure I “need” beadlocks.

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
Will you guys be carrying DirtyLife wheels? Both my Jeeps have had wheels/tires from you guys, and I'd love to keep that going.:thumb:

That's awesome to hear - thank you for your continued support!

As far as I know, there are no plans to offer Dirty LIfe wheels, but I'll forward this to our marketing team to see if this is a brand we can special order :thumb:

NFRs2000NYC

Be sure to post up what they say about those bolts.

I hear you on the beadlocks. I’m torn a bit. Love the machetes. But not sure I “need” beadlocks.

So I got a reply. They said on the real rock ring they are recessed, on the faux ring, they protrude ever so slightly, but said that you can buy shorter hardware to sink them in.