JL dash functions non-responsive and could not shut off engine

Jeeeep

I've experienced odd dash symptoms in the past and dealer could not replicate nor find any trouble codes.

Today, as I came to a stop I noticed the steering console light dim, radio volume slightly increased and when I tried to turn the volume down, none of the steering wheel functions worked, the volume knob did not work, the fan control did not work... nothing on the media screen was responsive realized even power windows did not work - nothing.

And this happened in traffic at a stop light.

It was still drivable so pulled into a parking lot, put the Jeep in Park and tried to shut the Jeep off but the ignition button was also not working.

I tried the remote start on the key fob but it didn't seem like it was working either- it wouldn't lock the doors but maybe it's suppose to work that way if running?? makes no sense

After about 5 minutes of just nothing, I noticed the light on the console flicker and everything was working again

My Jeep might be possessed by Christine and while that might be a cool thing, looks like another trip to the dealership in the morning... :doh:

Jeeeep

I need an FCA qualified priest, preferably one that doesn't ask if there are children in the house :cheesy:

damn...I felt a tinge of heat come up out of the ground lol

benatc1

Wonder if it's a secondary battery issue, just had mine in for service as something similar happened, but then the auto stop/start wasn't working. They knew what it was when we called, so I guess it's been an issue? Replaced battery and has been good since

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jeeeep

Say a person turned the star/stop feature off, couldn't they just get rid of it?

Or goto 1 deep cell & keep stop/start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

no idea.

There is another thread that the user posted a good wiring diagram and information on how to bypass it.

With as many sensors as the Jeep has, I wouldn't be surprised if removing the 2nd battery caused other issues and/or throws a code