VIDEO : MOAB - IT STARTS AGAIN / Part 4 - EVO Triple Threat Trail Run

JeepFan

GREAT video series! A huge thank you to Eddie and Cindy for taking us on an amazing adventure and all your hard work making this video series! Stephanie and I had so much fun on this trip.

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
Great video work Eddie :) Do you use an Osmo? :D

Cindy and I had planned on leaving Moab ahead of the big crush that always comes in toward the end of EJS but then, we decided to stick around for another day and so that we could join EVO on their run across the Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike and Gold Bar Rim trails. Or, what most people refer to as, Triple Threat! Of course, what really made this run so much fun was the fact that we'd be running it with 2 other Jeep JL Wranglers and with completely different stages of build. The EVO JL Wrangler with its high clearance long arms, coil overs and 37’s would certainly be the most modified in our group and our JL running a budget boost and 37’s would put us somewhere in the middle. However, it’d be our good friends Scott and Jenna’s brand new 2.0L Turbo that we were most excited to see and especially being that it was still bone stock. We hope you enjoy our presentation. :cool:

More than just being the newest model Jeep, the best part about owning a JL Wrangler is the fact that its allowed us to start all over again. We get to install new lift kits, new wheels and tires and all kinds of new accessories but even better than that, we've been able to experience the thrill of wheeling a brand new Jeep, in a place like Moab and like it was our very first time. "MOAB : IT STARTS AGAIN" is a WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventure that highlights the all new pilgrimage we made out to the promised land in JET Li, our lightly modified Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Along for the ride were our good friends Tony and Steph who came in their near identical JL Wrangler and Et and Michelle who came in their moderately modified JK Wrangler Unlimited.

WIN a Pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like to WIN a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses Giveaway, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our drawing. A WINNER will be selected at random and announced before our next video release. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great job on this series, thanks for another epic episode

Thank you, we're so glad you enjoyed it :)

GREAT video series! A huge thank you to Eddie and Cindy for taking us on an amazing adventure and all your hard work making this video series! Stephanie and I had so much fun on this trip.

Thanks Tony! We so wished you could have stuck around a bit longer and joined us for this last run.

Great video work Eddie :) Do you use an Osmo? :D

Thanks! If you can believe it, we filmed all this using an old Sony Handycam that we bought at Costco years ago :crazyeyes:

kre62

Hi Eddie

I wanted to ask you more about the 2.0t. Do you think it really is a lot faster? Or do you think that having the lift on the 3.6 coupled with being on a dirt road may have influenced the feeling of speed? i ask because I am wrestling with the decision to get the 3.6 or wait a few more weeks for a possible 2.0. If the 2.0 is no doubt faster, i'd be tempted to lean that way. Can you comment on how much those factors I mentioned may have had an influence?

Also, can you ask your buds at FCA about the steering issue where users are having their steering lock up randomly? That one has me very concerned as well.

13_gecko_rubi

Hi Eddie

I wanted to ask you more about the 2.0t. Do you think it really is a lot faster? Or do you think that having the lift on the 3.6 coupled with being on a dirt road may have influenced the feeling of speed? i ask because I am wrestling with the decision to get the 3.6 or wait a few more weeks for a possible 2.0. If the 2.0 is no doubt faster, i'd be tempted to lean that way. Can you comment on how much those factors I mentioned may have had an influence?

Also, can you ask your buds at FCA about the steering issue where users are having their steering lock up randomly? That one has me very concerned as well.
I've driven many v6 and 2.0t Wranglers stock vs stock. The 2.0t is faster for sure. If u r on fence wait until u can test drive both. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Sent via....

kre62

I've driven many v6 and 2.0t Wranglers stock vs stock. The 2.0t is faster for sure. If u r on fence wait until u can test drive both. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Sent via....

Thanks for the response, very helpful. I've noticed that no one is willing to chime in on the steering lockup issue. Is that due to internal guidance against making any statements? I just want to know that if I buy a Jeep, i'll be safe. In addition, if its a small issue thats fixed easily, or only affects a very small number of Jeeps, that would be extremely helpful info.

13_gecko_rubi

Thanks for the response, very helpful. I've noticed that no one is willing to chime in on the steering lockup issue. Is that due to internal guidance against making any statements? I just want to know that if I buy a Jeep, i'll be safe. In addition, if its a small issue thats fixed easily, or only affects a very small number of Jeeps, that would be extremely helpful info.
I am a member of this forum as a jeep enthusiast not a spokesperson sorry

Sent via....

Hohertz

Stock JL is impressive

Great video as always Eddie and Cindy. Thanks for making these for all of us that can't make it to EJS in Moab. Very impressed by stock the JL! Cheers!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eddie

Sent via....

What 13_gecko_rubi said, stock vs stock, the 2.0T is stupid fast. I'm eager to see how it'll handle bigger tires.

Regarding steering, all I can say is that I haven't experienced whatever it is that people are saying they're feeling.

RMC2

Count me as one that missed the 2.0 test drive at the end. It was late and I was sleepy. That was the 16 hour day picking up our new JL.

I will have to stop by and test drive one when they get some in. I’m still concerned about beating up on the battery, but a good skid will solve that. And buying a new 48v battery some day.

I was curious about the steering too. Sounds like it did well.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Count me as one that missed the 2.0 test drive at the end. It was late and I was sleepy. That was the 16 hour day picking up our new JL.

I will have to stop by and test drive one when they get some in. I’m still concerned about beating up on the battery, but a good skid will solve that. And buying a new 48v battery some day.

I was curious about the steering too. Sounds like it did well.

Better late than never :D

Does anyone else think that the build list for CODE 1 seems a bit short? LOL.

LOL!! Much of it was custom stuff. We try to stay focused on things that can be bought. Sorry.