EVO coilover kit help

jtwopark

Well, the timing ring in relation to the slider is definitely more appropriate, however your shocks still look pretty extended. Are the shocks compressing while you drive? There's a large rubber grommet at the bottom of the shaft that you can slide up to the bottom of the shock body to see how much movement you're getting.

Even if I thread down the timing ring all the way down until it bottoms out I still have 1.25” before it touches the slider

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile appfrom what you have stated it should be .75-1”

Saddletramp

What is the nitrogen pressure set at?

I always ran mine around 150psi but the gas pressure shouldn't affect height as much as the spring rates and preload.

jtwopark

I am done adjusting the rings...going to take it for a spin and see if there are any changes.

If there isn’t any change in ride quality, what is my next step? Nitrogen psi or lower the air pressure in my tires? Tires are set to 32 psi on the 40x13.5 toyo

Thinking of trying 26-28psi

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Saddletramp

I actually have no clue as to what the baseline nitrogen psi is. From my previous experiences with king shocks was usually around 150psi and as high as 200psi

Do you have a chambered gauge that you can check them? I didn't think they'd even ship pressurized but I've never had them shipped, just installed at Evo.

Yes, correct on the pressure, I'd set them 150-160 and go from there.

jtwopark

Toyo tires at 26psi, the rings in the rear set to aprox 1 1/8” and the fronts set to 3/4” it rides better but not really satisfied....anyone near Valencia have this kit that’s willing to drive mine and tell me if it is what it’s supposed to be?

dixonk

It feels very stiff and springy? Like a Honda Civic with a blown coilover but stiff?

I had this problem when I put my King bypasses on. They came shipped without a full charge. Pressure was only 60psi or so. Charged them to 150psi and they ride much better. I don’t have coil overs but your description of Honda with springs cut is the same way I described mine.

jtwopark

I had this problem when I put my King bypasses on. They came shipped without a full charge. Pressure was only 60psi or so. Charged them to 150psi and they ride much better. I don’t have coil overs but your description of Honda with springs cut is the same way I described mine.

How do I check this without driving down to Orange County?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
You need a chambered no-loss pressure gauge/charging manifold. King and Fox make some, Poly Performance makes one. You can also find them on eBay.

img_0765_1.jpg

FOX802-02-002-a-N.jpg