CB BAR - Jeep JL Wrangler NO DRILL / NO CUT Overhead CB Radio Mount INSTALLATION

k9runner

CB mount bar dimensions

What are the exterior and interior dimensions (width and height) of the CB mount bar?

I'm wondering if it would be possible to mount a low profile flush mount LED marker light in the bar as map/dome lights. I'd like to brighten up the front seats a bit, the existing dome lights are pretty weak in my opinion.

Thanks,
Michael

Note: also posted on wayalife.com, but this thread seems more active.

JTCO

Meme King
What are the exterior and interior dimensions (width and height) of the CB mount bar?

I'm wondering if it would be possible to mount a low profile flush mount LED marker light in the bar as map/dome lights. I'd like to brighten up the front seats a bit, the existing dome lights are pretty weak in my opinion.

Thanks,
Michael

Note: also posted on wayalife.com, but this thread seems more active.

Welcome to JL Wrangler. I'm sure you could mount lights on it. You should buy one and do a write-up on the lights. :thumb:

GrayBeard

Well, purchased your CB bar for my 18 JLUR, since as you said, there is no place to mount a radio. I will be using it for a IHF/VHF radio as everyone around our area is switching to them.

Thanks again [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Great for looking at map, or finding something in back while driving, or 100 other things.

SORRY upside down. They were not upside down in my file.

LED ON on CB Bar.jpg

Attachments

• AUX4.jpg
    AUX4.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 117
  • LED on CB Bar.jpg
    LED on CB Bar.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Sdhobbs

Looking to mount a smaller CB radio, Uniden 520 to the CB Bar, anyone know if modifications are needed to mount? Does the mounting bracket that comes with the radio line up with the existing holes on the CB Bar?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking to mount a smaller CB radio, Uniden 520 to the CB Bar, anyone know if modifications are needed to mount? Does the mounting bracket that comes with the radio line up with the existing holes on the CB Bar?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Can't speak directly about the Uniden 520 as I have not installed one but I am running a really compact Icon race radio on my JT and it bolted right up. I know of a lot of other people running smaller radios as well and none have reported having any issues. You just need to use the 2 inner holes to bolt it up.

Sdhobbs

Just wanted to share my install using the CB Bar and a Uniden 505. For those wanting to run a smaller radio, I can confirm that the Uniden 510, 520, & 505 will mount up without modifications using the bracket that comes with the radio. Bracket lines up with with the smaller holes on the CB Bar, just need to buy 1-1/2” long bolts, washers, & nuts for install. Due to the small size of these radios it is not possible to clip the mic on the side of the radio. Using an idea from another member here, I glued a small round magnet to the back of the mic, I can now secure the mic anywhere on the CB Bar.
I think it came out great, really happy with the CB Bar, thanks Eddie!

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile appIMG_0017.jpgIMG_0019.jpgIMG_0024.jpgIMG_0025.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to share my install using the CB Bar and a Uniden 505. For those wanting to run a smaller radio, I can confirm that the Uniden 510, 520, & 505 will mount up without modifications using the bracket that comes with the radio. Bracket lines up with with the smaller holes on the CB Bar, just need to buy 1-1/2” long bolts, washers, & nuts for install. Due to the small size of these radios it is not possible to clip the mic on the side of the radio. Using an idea from another member here, I glued a small round magnet to the back of the mic, I can now secure the mic anywhere on the CB Bar.
I think it came out great, really happy with the CB Bar, thanks Eddie!

Awesome! So glad to hear you're happy with your CB BAR :thumb:

JTCO

Meme King
So the wires under the dash, you can tap into the auxiliary switches from there or the engine compartment ?

Both locations should have the wiring. I helped a buddy on his JL and they were under the glove box. Might as well pull the kick panel anyways because there's a great ground screw there.

Piginajeep

I found it, my question was so there’s two places to tap in? It’s a good thing. I opted to put the cb to a switch so it shuts off when I’m out of the jeep. I constantly forget.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I found it, my question was so there’s two places to tap in? It’s a good thing. I opted to put the cb to a switch so it shuts off when I’m out of the jeep. I constantly forget.

Yes, there are 2 locations. I may have to do the same being that I tend to forget too. My only concern was that there might be noise in the line.

Piginajeep

Yes, there are 2 locations. I may have to do the same being that I tend to forget too. My only concern was that there might be noise in the line.

I didn’t do it on purpose. I thought the orange was a red wire🤣. My eyes are getting old.

I need to ground the antenna then I’ll let you know if there’s interference.

donmontalvo

Finished wiring my CBBAR

Midland MXT115 (GMRS) on the left, and President Bill (CB) on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_5490.jpg
    IMG_5490.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 39

Lonewolf62

I have a question, I own a 2022 JL Rubi soft top with the ACC and forward sensing collision detector. Will this allow clearance for the Midland MXT500 cable and power leads or will I have to pass on getting this bar mount?