A Bit of UNDER ARMOR for JET : EVO MFG JL Wrangler ProTek Skid Plates

RMC2

I will be getting a set of these, especially for the cooler lines.

After seeing the lines on the 13 Jk, I got a set for it. Still have them, even though the jeep is gone. I love how this set looks easier to put on. Video anyone? Nudge, nudge.

Mikeandikes96

Was reading the install instructions and it says 1 inch or larger front bumpstop extension recommended, somewhat confused about that. I haven’t lifted my Jeep yet so I’m still at stock height but want to go ahead and pull the trigger on these.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

TnTsJL

EVO Skid plate

I just ordered the EVO engine and trans skid plate. I have been trying to decide which skid plates to get, so thanks for the EVO recommendation and pictures. I hope you post the install video soon, it is supposed to arrive on April 2nd. Thanks Eddie

Bumpit

Hey. You saved a few bucks. You don’t need the FAD skid now with the PR44JL. [emoji6][emoji106]

Is interesting on the oil pan skid. I wonder if dealer oil service would be an issue.
I usually end up putting in a fumoto valve so I dont have to drop the skid plate for a oil change. I keep a piece of tubing handy and attach it to drain out so I dont get oil built up in the skid.

With the skid there you dont have to worry about anything hitting the valve and losing your oil.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now that you have been using the skids for a while, any new thoughts? Rock catcher, exhaust loop skid needed, oil changing complications or any other concerns or dislikes?

I try really hard NOT to put rocks and obstacles right down the middle of my Jeep so for the most part, I don't even feel the need for skids like this. My main concern has always been about the transmission cooler lines and for that, I'm glad to have this. So far, I haven't had any issues with it but most of that is because I don't make it a habit to hit it. I still think the exhaust loop is unnecessary and may eventually remove it IF it becomes an issue as others have reported. I installed a Fumoto valve soon after installing this skid and oil changes are a snap with it. I just hook up a hose to it and drain right into a jug. No mess or fuss what so ever.

VitaMeVas

Fumoto valve

Eddie,

Which fumoto valve PN did u use for the JL? The website only goes to 2017 and I want to make sure I get the right threading. I have a 2019 JLU Rubicon.

I try really hard NOT to put rocks and obstacles right down the middle of my Jeep so for the most part, I don't even feel the need for skids like this. My main concern has always been about the transmission cooler lines and for that, I'm glad to have this. So far, I haven't had any issues with it but most of that is because I don't make it a habit to hit it. I still think the exhaust loop is unnecessary and may eventually remove it IF it becomes an issue as others have reported. I installed a Fumoto valve soon after installing this skid and oil changes are a snap with it. I just hook up a hose to it and drain right into a jug. No mess or fuss what so ever.