Opinions welcomed

sarapicos

Very close in pulling the trigger on the AEV 2.5 lift kit for my JLUR... very few reviews out there as of yet so I would value any opinions/comments on the kit

Top on my rankings is to maintain geometry and drivability on the highway as I only expect to get on the trails about once or twice a month.

As far as tire upgrade, I will be taking off and selling the current KO2’s 285/70R17 and going up to the 35”x12.50R17 or even a takeoff set of 315/70R17s that seem to be somewhat available

Apologies if this AEV kit has been reviewed and commented in the forum but I didn’t get any hits using the Search option on the forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeeeep

Very close in pulling the trigger on the AEV 2.5 lift kit for my JLUR... very few reviews out there as of yet so I would value any opinions/comments on the kit

Top on my rankings is to maintain geometry and drivability on the highway as I only expect to get on the trails about once or twice a month.

As far as tire upgrade, I will be taking off and selling the current KO2’s 285/70R17 and going up to the 35”x12.50R17 or even a takeoff set of 315/70R17s that seem to be somewhat available

Apologies if this AEV kit has been reviewed and commented in the forum but I didn’t get any hits using the Search option on the forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no experience with AEV but friends I have that own an AEV suspension on their JK, their satisfaction is mixed.

AEV does use drop brackets on the front control arms; unless they've beefed them up, I have seen them bend when playing on the rocks or more difficult trail.

IMO, for the price I'd look at other lifts, I would think for a 2-2.5" lift there are less expensive options.

What seems to be standing out once lifted and larger tires put on, the OEM track bars are not as beefy as they appear and will likely need to be replaced.