JL JOURNAL : A FAR BETTER TRACK BAR - Synergy Adjustable Front Track Bar INSTALLATION

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Installing an aftermarket adjustable front track bar is a great way to help re-center your axle after installing a 2”-3” lift and while there are a lot out options out there to choose from, I might recommend that you get the one made by Synergy. In addition to being made out of 1.50”, 0.25” wall DOM, it also comes with their signature, double adjuster sleeve and that means you won’t have to remove it to make fine tune adjustments. And, because it utilizes a pinch bolt to hold everything in places, you won’t have to fight with a jam nut that can be near impossible to keep tight. Of course, what makes this track bar really nice is that it comes with their awesome new Dual Durometer Bushings. In addition to being 100% maintenance free, the Dual Durometer Bushings are designed with 2 different durometers, a soft outer that offers cushioning and flex and a hard inner lining that acts as a bearing surface. Installing this track bar is super easy, can be done in under an hour using a just few basic tools and this video will show you how.

Watch Synergy Dual Durometer Bushing promotional video: https://youtu.be/KD2Ap6hvPDg

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

20191124194116-d6f5150c-me.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
I hope to never have any steering issues on ours, but if I do, I'll definitely keep this in mind.

MrGiant

I like the easy adjustability fully installed on the Jeep.
But what happended to your FOX stabilizer? Didnt you have one installed a couple of weeks ago....[emoji848]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
nice video, I'll have to put on that my list, for when I start up grading our JL Sport S.

Cool - glad we could share this with you then :)

I like the easy adjustability fully installed on the Jeep.
But what happended to your FOX stabilizer? Didnt you have one installed a couple of weeks ago....[emoji848]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

The Synergy tie-rod is really tough and no lie, I've started using it like a skid or slider. Problem is, the aluminum clamp that Fox provides isn't up to that kind of abuse. I moved back to the OE stabilizer being that the steel Synergy clamp they provide can take the beating.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is the Synergy adjustable TB a noticeable improvement over the Rancho adjustable TB? Thanks for the video and recommendation.

Both use dual durometer bushings and both are good track bars. Where the Synergy is better is in that it comes with their double adjuster and pinch bolt and to me, that's a big improvement over a jam nut. Makes for easier adjustments on the Jeep and without having to keep on fighting the jam nut.

drhcobra

I have no complaints with the Rancho track bars, but after installing Synergy control arms I really like their adjusters:thumb: And would definitely go this route next time.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have no complaints with the Rancho track bars, but after installing Synergy control arms I really like their adjusters:thumb: And would definitely go this route next time.

They're more or less the same thing. These Synergy track bars just have the added benefit of the adjustment on your Jeep thing. :yup:

Thanks. Great recommendations.

Glad we could recommend it :)

Great vid Eddie! I know it’s only a steering stabilizer but was there any significant difference between the two?

Truthfully? No.

MrGiant

They're more or less the same thing. These Synergy track bars just have the added benefit of the adjustment on your Jeep thing. :yup:

Glad we could recommend it :)

Truthfully? No.
Thats interesting to know....aftermarket is pretty expensive, and just for the bling? Nope

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

CalSgt

Thats interesting to know....aftermarket is pretty expensive, and just for the bling? Nope

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

He was comparing the aftermarket Rancho track bar to the Synergy not to a stock one...

Stock is much lighter, not adjustable, and has bonded rubber/spherical bushings

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
He was comparing the aftermarket Rancho track bar to the Synergy not to a stock one...

Stock is much lighter, not adjustable, and has bonded rubber/spherical bushings

Actually I think in that quote he was talking about steering stabilizers.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal