EVO track bar bushings

CalSgt

Anyone replace the bushings in an EVO track bar yet?

It seems like i going to need a bearing press to get the job done but not totally sure. The worn out one is in there pretty tight.

CalSgt

Wow that bushing is shot. What symptoms did you experience to find the track bar bushing was bad?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Well before putting on the EVO I was experiencing a mild wobble, after the ego arm went on the wobble was gone. Went on a good off road trip & two days later experienced violent wobble at highway speed and started being able to feel it at low speeds.

JTCO

Meme King
Anyone replace the bushings in an EVO track bar yet?

It seems like i going to need a bearing press to get the job done but not totally sure. The worn out one is in there pretty tight.

Hopefully Doubletapdaddy sees this. I think he had one done under warranty but I'm not sure.

CalSgt

THIS was my front TB frame side bushing at 3,000 miles (+/-). They replaced the whole track bar under warranty.

Dang... Maybe I should have asked for a whole track bar, I specifically asked them for a bushing & they sent it out immediately. I found one of my friends has a bearing press. Gonna see if he's around so I can go get it done right meow.

I read your thread & didn't see if there was a final resolution to your wobble, did you get it figured out?

Nissan

Bushing Evo TrackBar

hello
Yesterday I found out that the Bushing of the (EVO-3047B) trackbar was out of use
Who did you talk to?
Because they don't answer emails?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say that I'm kinda bummed that EVO decided to use OE bushings on their track bar as they don't seem to hold up any better than the factory track bar.

kingsize

EVO MFG Representative
Supporter
When torqued properly at ride height we have had great success with OE style bushings on trackbars since the JK came out. Even with the Double Throwdown. These bushings are often over looked and tightened while the Jeep or axle are not at ride height, on a lift or jack stands. Of coarse there is the possible poorly manufactured bushing but rare and we will certainly replace if needed.

Among many other tests, we even just completed (DQ but did complete the total milage) 850 miles in race conditions at this years 2019 BAJA 1000 using these bushing without issue. Secondly, ALL bushings and moving parts will wear, but we are certainly shooting for many more miles than a few thousand..

CalSgt

I've had great customer service with EVO & Exodus the retailer where I purchase most of my parts. EVO sent me out replacement bushings each time I've called them, some were under warranty & the others I didn't even ask. Bushings are a wear part & I can see how twisting up the jeep with bonded rubber bushings is hard on them. I also wonder if one bushing going bad and catching death wobble beats the living hell out of the bushing on the other end.

I can guarantee that I did install and torque to factory specs at ride height when I installed my track bars.

I just ordered a frame side bushing for the rear track bar that I need to install one day this week.

So far here are the part numbers for the EVO track bar bushings on a JL, also included are the specs best I could measure with a cheap micrometer.

Front:
Axle side: Moog K200709
OD: 1.45”
ID: .557”
Inner sleve length: 1.6”

Frame side: Didn't have a part number on it
OD: 1.45”
ID: .565”
Inner sleve length: 1.605”

Rear:
Axle side: have not replaced yet, may get numbers when I replace the frame side

Frame side: Moog k201643 (Will get measurements when I remove it)

Nissan

Hello
Thanks to you I ordered Moog k201643 two months ago and replaced
To date, the fault is repeating herself
Is there better BUSHING?
Or just order a large quantity and change constantly

CalSgt

Hello
Thanks to you I ordered Moog k201643 two months ago and replaced
To date, the fault is repeating herself
Is there better BUSHING?
Or just order a large quantity and change constantly

I searched high and low and couldn't come up with better alternatives... I even considered having the track bar ends machined to accept Synergy bushings but the cost was too close to the retail cost of a new Synergy track bar so I switched the front out to Synergy & will probably do the rear if I wear out another bushing.

Maybe if you call ORE or EVO they might have an alternate part number to try...

Nissan

I searched high and low and couldn't come up with better alternatives... I even considered having the track bar ends machined to accept Synergy bushings but the cost was too close to the retail cost of a new Synergy track bar so I switched the front out to Synergy & will probably do the rear if I wear out another bushing.

Maybe if you call ORE or EVO they might have an alternate part number to try...

Thanks for your response
Great idea
I already have the Synergy HD Steering Kit
So I'll definitely buy Synergy's track bar
I will continue to love EVO's products but this is definitely a bad spot.