Will the Jeep Wrangler Pickup be forged from a RAM Platform?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This was posted a while back by a member over on WAYALIFE but I thought the article writen by Larry Vellequette was worthy of posting here as well. What do you think about a Jeep JT Wrangler pickup truck being built off of a RAM platform?

Will Jeep Wrangler pickup be forged from a Ram platform?
Larry P. Vellequette

20170201123846-8cf83c44.jpg

Might Fiat Chrysler’s long-awaited Wrangler-based pickup show up on dealer lots as a Ram in Jeep’s clothing?

There’s some evidence that it might, and if that’s the case, it could be music to the ears of fans of the Jeep Gladiator, DaimlerChrysler’s popular 2005 concept pickup. That concept, which is still shown in public on occasion, was built by putting Wrangler parts on what was then a Dodge Ram 1500 chassis.

Read the whole article here:
http://www.autonews.com/article/201...rangler-pickup-be-forged-from-a-ram-platform?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll just be happy if it doesn't cost more than a Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. The price of them is just getting stupid.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
$50k fully loaded. That doesn't include the hard rock. Just crazy! The JL will probably be over $55k.

You're probably right and if that is true, I'd be hard pressed to pay that for a mid-size truck that isn't half as nice, powerful or fuel efficient as a RAM 2500.