I hate noises now the seat brackets

JeepJL

Man I hate noises. I’m normally really good at keeping them quiet but now that passenger side seat bracket on my 19 is so annoying around curves. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Gonna go see what the dealer says.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Clark Griswold

My 18 did the same thing, they replaced the rails I believe and it seemed OK for a bit but now it's making the same clunking noises again when turning. Going to have them look at it again when I go in for steering stabilizer recall.
Man I hate noises. I’m normally really good at keeping them quiet but now that passenger side seat bracket on my 19 is so annoying around curves. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Gonna go see what the dealer says.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

abeggs

My 18 did the same thing, they replaced the rails I believe and it seemed OK for a bit but now it's making the same clunking noises again when turning. Going to have them look at it again when I go in for steering stabilizer recall.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Don’t get the steering stabilizer “fixed” unless you’re currently having death wobble. A lot of people are reporting that with the “fix” they NOW have death wobble

drhcobra

Don’t get the steering stabilizer “fixed” unless you’re currently having death wobble. A lot of people are reporting that with the “fix” they NOW have death wobble

Yeah, agreed. I had it done and not "death wobble" but was fine before and now seems like I get some minor wobble on rough roads. I thought I was imagining things, maybe not.:idontknow:

JeepJL

I experienced the same thing and I’m a jeep tech at the dealership lol. I got frustrated after I did the swap so I went through the entire front end at only 9400 miles and retightened everything one part at a time. I started with the balljoints and that did nothing. Then I tightened the draglink and tierod ends and to my surprise it was like a different jeep. Death wobble was gone. The tie rods nuts were so loose from the factory or at least on my rig. I also I removed then reinstalled the passenger seat because I realized how much time it takes to replace the seat bracket and now the noise is gone. [emoji4]