Aftermarket LED Headlights

ddays v2

I've searched and maybe missed the answer, but is there some reason there are virtually no aftermarket headlights for the JL? Not too keen on dropping $1k+ for the LED package - that's pretty damn close to what my Dynatrac lift is gonna cost. I would think this would be one of the first popular aftermarket items out there :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The JL uses 9" housings as opposed to smaller and more traditional 7" headlights. This allows the JL headlights to yield something like 20% more light. Also, instead of replacing the entire headlight, you can simply replace the bulb with an LED, just like you can on a Renegade. Having done it, I can tell you that it makes a BIG difference and for a hell of a LOT LESS money.

ddays v2

The JL uses 9" housings as opposed to smaller and more traditional 7" headlights. This allows the JL headlights to yield something like 20% more light. Also, instead of replacing the entire headlight, you can simply replace the bulb with an LED, just like you can on a Renegade. Having done it, I can tell you that it makes a BIG difference and for a hell of a LOT LESS money.

Aha - I missed that detail. Just replacing the bulb is what I'll likely do. Man, I don't mind spending money but damn, that's a little stiff. And that's coming from someone that spent $500 or so on Trucklite's for my JK 4 years ago :(

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Aha - I missed that detail. Just replacing the bulb is what I'll likely do. Man, I don't mind spending money but damn, that's a little stiff. And that's coming from someone that spent $500 or so on Trucklite's for my JK 4 years ago :(

I dunno. It's up there in cost but you get a lot more than just the headlights - ALL your lights are LED with the package and they're kinda nice.

StingRubi19

Kinda pricey but IMO I think it's worth it. I love how bright these new headlights are and with some black in the housing it gives off a great look to them as well. I also like the design of the tail lights making them different than the traditional style.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

I dunno. It's up there in cost but you get a lot more than just the headlights - ALL your lights are LED with the package and they're kinda nice.

Kinda pricey but IMO I think it's worth it. I love how bright these new headlights are and with some black in the housing it gives off a great look to them as well. I also like the design of the tail lights making them different than the traditional style.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I guess I need to do more research. I stopped in and went over some options with my salesman buddy but I was just doing some general pokin around. I thought the LED package was probably more than just the headlights but didn't realize it was all of the lights. And I agree, those taillights are pretty cool. :thumb:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I have to concur. LEDs are the way to go. Besides, you'll never miss the money unless you look at your window sticker frequently.

JAGS

I don’t think you can order the LED package on new orders at the moment. Backorder for LEDs.

I don’t have LEDs and not losing any sleep. Stock is way brighter than JK stock. You can buy the just headlight LEDs separately.

YAHAHA

The factory LED tail lights are a sealed unit. If there is any issue with them not working, the whole unit needs to be replaced and they are $600 each.

One of my reverse lights goes out intermittently and I'm fighting with FCA to get it replaced under warranty. They've fixed it from "not working" to "intermittently not working" but the only real fix is to replace the whole tail light unit.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

ddays v2

Consensus seems to be get the factory LED's (if available). For some reason I had it in my head the LED option was $1200 and it's not - it's $895.00. So for an entire light package being LED's I guess that's a decent deal.

YAHAHA

Consensus seems to be get the factory LED's (if available). For some reason I had it in my head the LED option was $1200 and it's not - it's $895.00. So for an entire light package being LED's I guess that's a decent deal.

Yes it is until you have to replace one if you break it.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Justin

What about quake led headlights? Then you get the puurty mall crawler colors too. I just love the look and color. I haven’t tried to change the colors but for 600 not complaining the hid projectors on my wife’s jk were 900.IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1201.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

gonefirefighting

I am holding out for the head JW speaker LEDs for the JL. It gets down to 20 below and I live on 12 miles of unplowed road to the house. None of my LEDs worked worth a damn last winter and took them all off for HID's that provided some heat on the lens.