The Yeti is born

Supercharged

Had my JLU Sport since April and done some basic upgrades. Sill plates, stubby antenna, Jeep all weather floor mats, added the gas cap cover, mesh top and tinted the front windows.

Then found a set of Rubicon wheels and tires to replace the stock street tires. Shortly after that I got the Rubicon suspension and installed the springs and shocks for a little over 2" of lift.

After mulling it over and wanting something I haven't seen anyone else use I decided to name the her The Yeti and had decals made.

Finally this weekend I installed a set of rock sliders and love the look and feel. Santa is bringing a Tazer mini, a pro clip phone mount and a 3rd brake light ring for behind the spare. Rock lights and light for the rear glass will go on in the spring. This Jeep thing is expensive!!! But it sure is fun![emoji3] [emoji3] 20181215_073312.jpeg20181215_073338.jpeg20181215_073321.jpeg20181202_145557.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome - looks great! :thumb:

Regarding the amount of lift you got out of the Rubicon coils, you might want to measure that again. They'll give you some lift but not quite 2" of lift let alone over that.

Supercharged

Regarding the amount of lift you got out of the Rubicon coils, you might want to measure that again. They'll give you some lift but not quite 2" of lift let alone over that.
It was about 2 and 1/8" once done, I didnt give it time to settle. To your point, I'm sure it settled a bit and probably closer to 1.75.

The springs came off a Rubicon with the hardtop, towing and steel bumper packages so I assumed it would give a little more height on my sport without the tow package.

More to do on it and it needs a bath!!!IMG_20180930_185859.jpeg

Supercharged

Thanks Eddie!

My after measurements were right after I put the parts on, I hadn't driven it beyond to center the steering wheel so it hadn't had a chance to settle. Its probably closer to 1.5" - 1.75" after settling. The springs came off a Rubicon with the hardtop, towing and steel bumper packages so I assumed it would give a little more height. Could just mean the springs are a bit more firm, not necessarily any taller to allow for compression due to weight or towing.

Either way, she looks great and thanks for the kind words! Here is a before and after of the "lift".IMG_20180930_185859.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, looks great for sure. Just wanted to put that out there so that others who might see this won't get the false impression that they'll get more lift than they actually will.

MoparMari

Did you swap the rubicon parts yourself? Have had the parts for a couple months but no experience in this department. More electrical if anything lol.

drhcobra

My buddy just did this and got about 1.5"

Supercharged

Did you swap the rubicon parts yourself? Have had the parts for a couple months but no experience in this department. More electrical if anything lol.
I did do the swap myself, pretty straightforward. I highly recommend watching Eddie's video installing lifts on Jet Li. He includes which wrenches and sockets you will need along with torque specs. Makes the process much smoother.

It took me a 4 - 5 hours to get everything done working by myself with basic hand tools. I went slow and took my time, wasn't trying to break any speed records. If I had to do it again it would go much faster.

Supercharged

Does the measurement in the lift/height difference take into account the extra height that the 33” tires added to the equation?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
I already had the wheels on for a while, they added their own height to the Jeep. My total height with wheels and tires should be more than just the springs alone. At that time my wife said you are NOT touching the suspension! So she went out east to help her mom for about a week. I decided to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. [emoji6]

MoparMari

I did do the swap myself, pretty straightforward. I highly recommend watching Eddie's video installing lifts on Jet Li. He includes which wrenches and sockets you will need along with torque specs. Makes the process much smoother.

It took me a 4 - 5 hours to get everything done working by myself with basic hand tools. I went slow and took my time, wasn't trying to break any speed records. If I had to do it again it would go much faster.

Appreciate this. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
Did you put the tires on first for awhile before the springs and shocks ? If so, how did the wheels and tires fit, any rubbing etc? Just curious about the different height with the rubicon fenders and the little thing between the fender and front bumper.

Supercharged

Did you put the tires on first for awhile before the springs and shocks ? If so, how did the wheels and tires fit, any rubbing etc? Just curious about the different height with the rubicon fenders and the little thing between the fender and front bumper.
Rubicon wheels and tires were on first for 2 or 3 months. I had no rubbing issues with normal driving or playing around. I cant say I never had it in full flex to be sure about rubbing then.