UP-SIZED - JL Wrangler Rubicon to come with 33" TIRES!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back in 1997, TJ Sports were offered for the first time in a 30x9.50 tire, in 2003, TJ Rubicon models were offered with a 31x10.50 and in 2007, JK Rubicon were offered in a 255/75R17 - basically 32" tire! The 10th Anniversary Edition Rubicon did come with a 265 but that's about as big as it got or at least, right from the factory. Among all the other news that's starting to get filtered down to us dying to get our hands on an all new Jeep JL Wrangler, word is that the Rubicon models will be coming with the LARGEST tire ever offered on a Jeep - a whopping 285/70R17. Basically, a 33" tire!!
:wings:

Being that you could pretty much run 35" tires on a JK with just a 2" budget boost or leveling kit and some fender trimming, I super eager to know how much or how little will need to be done to run 37's on a JL Wrangler :cool:

bfg_mudterrain_ta_km2_pdpcrop.jpg

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's awesome to hear! I'm sure it will be very similar to the jk and need very little lift to get bigger tires on it

JLRay

That's cool to hear! Now it makes it that much harder to decide between a Rubicon and the lower models. I'll just let my bank account decide for me lol

JTCO

Meme King
Very cool. Not surprised. A lot of buyers want 'bigger.' This was a wise move for Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is very cool! I wonder what tires the Rubicon's will be coming with?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Me too! Up until the JK, Jeep had partnered up with Goodyear and pretty much everything they sold had one of their tires. While the BFG's that came on the JK Rubicons were okay, it wouldn't kill me if they switched over to something new like a Cooper. At least they're still made in the USA.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's pretty cool! Before long they will come with 40's from the factory. Lol

LOL!! At the rate they're upsizing, it won't be in my life time :D

I like the idea of this, makes the Stock Rubicon that much more capable and likely a decent option for people who are a bit away from a bigger build

Oh yeah, there are tons of people who just want to run 35's and are happy with it. This will be a great Jeep for them.

JAGS

Can this vehicle just come out already!!! Lol. I'm guessing the fenders are a little higher to give the extra clearance?

Part of me has been contemplating 35s, but 37s are such a great size too. Gonna be hard to decide.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can this vehicle just come out already!!! Lol. I'm guessing the fenders are a little higher to give the extra clearance?

Part of me has been contemplating 35s, but 37s are such a great size too. Gonna be hard to decide.

Yes, I would imagine that higher fender lines are what will allow for the bigger tires. As far as 37's go, they've been the new 35 for some time now and they're what I will jump to on a JL as soon as I can. :yup:

JAGS

Yes, I would imagine that higher fender lines are what will allow for the bigger tires. As far as 37's go, they've been the new 35 for some time now and they're what I will jump to on a JL as soon as I can. :yup:

Group buy on some coops 37s!

Will you be starting with a budget boost like you did on the JK. [emoji23][emoji23] Could see why from a business standpoint, but got to imagine you'll be looking another direction.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Group buy on some coops 37s!

Will you be starting with a budget boost like you did on the JK. [emoji23][emoji23] Could see why from a business standpoint, but got to imagine you'll be looking another direction.

It really just depends. If a budget boost is all that's needed to run 37's, that's what we'll do. Of course, we'll have to see what's available and go from there. Back in the day, a budget boost was all you could really get.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
It really just depends. If a budget boost is all that's needed to run 37's, that's what we'll do. Of course, we'll have to see what's available and go from there. Back in the day, a budget boost was all you could really get.

Probably too early to know but you think the factory wheels will have less backs pacing to allow larger tires without spacers or more like the Jk?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app