Trailer wiring harness

Jeeeep

I just received my kit from CURT #56407, only has the 4-way plug but priced right

I haven't installed it yet but instructions indicate plug and play and less than an hour install time.

I went with CURT because the RR plugs in that kit are for JK not JL

Last edited:

Jdofmemi

So, the JL Rubicon we got has no trailer package. I got a hitch, that is the easy part, but can anyone help me with what wiring I need, and what do I need to put trailer brakes on as well.

Other threads recommend the Tekonsha P3, but are not clear on the wiring.

We already have a TazerJL, so hopefully that can activate what is needed.

The Stealership wants $1000 to do it. No way does that fly.

JTCO

Meme King
So, the JL Rubicon we got has no trailer package. I got a hitch, that is the easy part, but can anyone help me with what wiring I need, and what do I need to put trailer brakes on as well.

Other threads recommend the Tekonsha P3, but are not clear on the wiring.

We already have a TazerJL, so hopefully that can activate what is needed.

The Stealership wants $1000 to do it. No way does that fly.

4 pin or 7 pin? Also, in your owners manual, is there anywhere listed where there might be a harness hidden that you can access and splice into ?

JohnM

I just received my kit from CURT #56407, only has the 4-way plug but priced right

I haven't installed it yet but instructions indicate plug and play and less than an hour install time.

I went with CURT because the RR plugs in that kit are for JK not JL

I installed this on mine a couple weeks ago for a drift boat trailer. The toughest part is fishing the hot wire to the battery - a lot of crawling around underneath - but, that's nothing new with a jeep. The YouTube video was a great help - disconnecting the tail lights is a bit of a trick.