Evo stage 1 or stage

Chrismendoza

I've been debating on which evo lift to get installed on a jlur. So far I'm stuck on evo stage 1 or stage 2 and with/without shock extensions. Are the control arms really needed for 2.5" of lift??

So far I'm running 35s on stock rubicon wheels.

Any advice is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The only control arms you might want to consider are the front lowers as they will allow you to add in some positive caster. While far from needed, some people do feel a sense of flightiness at highway speeds without the caster correction. Also, I would recommend getting new shocks and if you're on a budget, I would recommend the all new Rancho RS5000X.

NFRs2000NYC

The only control arms you might want to consider are the front lowers as they will allow you to add in some positive caster. While far from needed, some people do feel a sense of flightiness at highway speeds without the caster correction. Also, I would recommend getting new shocks and if you're on a budget, I would recommend the all new Rancho RS5000X.

If one is on a budget, what would happen if they upgraded their front upper/lower arms, but left the rears alone until they can drop the coin on those?

JLSahara

Man, I’m really torn between RC’a 2.5 budget lift or the EVo stage 1 (w/shocks). First time Jeeper with a Sahara and I won’t be doing any rock climbing. Do I want to be able to do a small little trail, maybe once a year or so but nothing extreme. Wondering if I should just go the RC way. But at the same time I want to make sure the components are reliable. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrismendoza

Ok, seems like the best bet is to get the stage 2. Thanks alot for the info.

BillArnett

Man, I’m really torn between RC’a 2.5 budget lift or the EVo stage 1 (w/shocks). First time Jeeper with a Sahara and I won’t be doing any rock climbing. Do I want to be able to do a small little trail, maybe once a year or so but nothing extreme. Wondering if I should just go the RC way. But at the same time I want to make sure the components are reliable. Thoughts?

Maybe you don’t need a lift at all? A stock Wrangler is amazingly capable.

JLSahara

Maybe you don’t need a lift at all? A stock Wrangler is amazingly capable.

I’m grabbing some slightly bigger tires so really just for cosmetics if these 34” tires fit right. I’m afraid there might be a little rubbing but we’ll see this weekend.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If one is on a budget, what would happen if they upgraded their front upper/lower arms, but left the rears alone until they can drop the coin on those?

Are you asking about what would happen in the rear? Nothing especially if you're just running 35" tires. With 37's, you may find that you rub in different areas but that's about it.

I have personally installed and tested multiple RC products in the past and I can't say that I've been thrilled about their quality. That being said, it's pretty hard to screw up something like a coil spacer.

JLSahara

Well, I went with the EVO stage 1 with shocks. Reason is because if I decide to keep upgrading, I didn’t want to waste money on RC’s to switch to EVO later.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I went with the EVO stage 1 with shocks. Reason is because if I decide to keep upgrading, I didn’t want to waste money on RC’s to switch to EVO later.

Honestly, I think you'll be happy with this setup even if it did cost a bit more.

Rubiman_JL

I've been debating on which evo lift to get installed on a jlur. So far I'm stuck on evo stage 1 or stage 2 and with/without shock extensions. Are the control arms really needed for 2.5" of lift??

So far I'm running 35s on stock rubicon wheels.

Any advice is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I went Stage 1 with 35's, runs great. However, you NEED spacers or new wheels. Stock wheels will not work. See picture.IMG_8695.jpg

P.S. Spidertrax JL spacers are pretty much back ordered everywhere.