EVO coilover kit help

jtwopark

Not complaining just need to start tinkering but where should I start? Line up the bumpstops and the wheels aren’t centered at full compression inside the wheel arch.
Also, the length stated in the instructions are way off if I have the bumpstops meet up and if I adjust the wheels to center at full stuff the bumpstops don’t even touch each other at compression

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
40” tires rub You're probably going to want to pop those lower fenders off

bumpstops don’t line up Did you line up your bump stops and pads on full stuff without springs?

and the ride is nowhere close to what I had imagined How is the ride, and what were your expectations? Granted I'm running smaller tires than you (37x13.5r17), but my ride has exceeded my expectations by a large margin. My JLUR + CO + LA performs much better than my 2014 JKUR with a Metalcloak/OME setup on 35's. Around town and on the highway I have no shake, shimmy, bump steer or tracking issues. Washboard roads no longer rattle my teeth. Things that do need attention include the exhaust loop buzzing on the front driver LA bracket at startup and while idling in drive, and my rear drive shaft contacting my gas tank skid. My rear was pretty stiff, however it has loosened up. I think that once you get things dialed in appropriately you're going to be very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Rubbing with the 40s

Tires rub the factory rubicon rock rails. Either remove them or cut them a few inches shorter towards the front of the vehicle.

Lock to lock it binds on my front poison spyder bumper
Cut and plate or get a new bumper

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I would start with the proper axles. You want to run 40’s you need the proper equipment.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I would start with the proper axles. You want to run 40’s you need the proper equipment.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Agreed. There is no way I would run greater than 37's on stock axles. And even then, I understand that I have to take care.