Buy a Jeep Gladiator? What were you quoted? What did you pay?

Arod412

Just looked at my dealer close to my home. They have 10 gladiators, and it looks like they are marking them up $5k. I see a couple of sports and with destination price, it was listed at $51k.

There is no way in hell i would buy it with a $5k markup...for any car or truck.

Former owner of a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge charger scat pack, possible future owner of a jeep gladiator.

benatc1

The gladiator isn't in my near future, so easy for me to say this, but I can't see why someone would pay a dealer mark up when if they just wait a couple months the supply will catch up with the demand. But sure plenty will do it. Paying full msrp in this new window is one thing but not extra to fill the dealer's pockets

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Just looked at my dealer close to my home. They have 10 gladiators, and it looks like they are marking them up $5k. I see a couple of sports and with destination price, it was listed at $51k.

There is no way in hell i would buy it with a $5k markup...for any car or truck.

Former owner of a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge charger scat pack, possible future owner of a jeep gladiator.

The gladiator isn't in my near future, so easy for me to say this, but I can't see why someone would pay a dealer mark up when if they just wait a couple months the supply will catch up with the demand. But sure plenty will do it. Paying full msrp in this new window is one thing but not extra to fill the dealer's pockets

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I haven't purchased a new vehicle in over 10 years but since we're getting a new Gladiator, I reached out to people here and some other people and literally within an hour I was able to find dealers that don't do non-lubricated rape deals. It takes research and effort but may save you from a raw financial butthole.

Last edited:

Jdofmemi

I went by the local Stealership yesterday to see a Gladiator in person.

They had three, two overland and one Rubicon, and each had an "Added Dealer Markup" of $15,000😱🤯

I might go yank their chain for a test drive, but won't even try to deal with them with an attitude like that.

The Rubicon was $78,000 with their crap added on. I hope they choke on them.

JTCO

Meme King
I went by the local Stealership yesterday to see a Gladiator in person.

They had three, two overland and one Rubicon, and each had an "Added Dealer Markup" of $15,000😱🤯

I might go yank their chain for a test drive, but won't even try to deal with them with an attitude like that.

The Rubicon was $78,000 with their crap added on. I hope they choke on them.

thats-just-ludicrous.jpg......

HighwayTrout

Pricing is fucken outta hand in Gilroy.

Wanted to drive this white fully loaded Rubicon home.
IMG_1596.jpg.

Then I saw this garbage...
IMG_1595.JPG.

20K mark up. [emoji23]

TrailHunter

No kidding.
A hellcat challenger. F350 King Ranch or platinum. A corvette. A motor home.
But 84 for a god damn Jeep pickup. Fuuuuck this truck. lol

Its a JLU with a 40k - 5’ bed.... that needs 25k in mods to run 40’s... so it can wheel like a JLU. [emoji23][emoji23]

MrGiant

The first import dealer has the gladiators listed for customer orders now. A fully loaded (besides hardtop) rubicon gladiator will be around $82k. Just wanted to show you how expensive these things are here on the other side of the ocean [emoji16]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

13_gecko_rubi

The first import dealer has the gladiators listed for customer orders now. A fully loaded (besides hardtop) rubicon gladiator will be around $82k. Just wanted to show you how expensive these things are here on the other side of the ocean [emoji16]

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
Be careful, those are us spec. The export ones aren't shipping yet. So depending where you live you may have legal issues. I know one guy posted something similar and they removed the rear seat to meet some technicality and it cannot be reinstalled for 30 years. Which is crazy.

Sent via....

MrGiant

Mmh, crazy with that seat issue. I only know this when you remove rear seats for good to make it a commercial use truck and save some taxes.
I bought my canada spec (except speedo unit US spec) JL from this dealer, no probs. The gladiators will be canada spec as well. The dealer made it legal with a lot of special permission that can apply for brand new import vehicles.
As far as prizes go, this will be pretty much it because its a fix order once you sign the contract.

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

13_gecko_rubi

Mmh, crazy with that seat issue. I only know this when you remove rear seats for good to make it a commercial use truck and save some taxes.
I bought my canada spec (except speedo unit US spec) JL from this dealer, no probs. The gladiators will be canada spec as well. The dealer made it legal with a lot of special permission that can apply for brand new import vehicles.
As far as prizes go, this will be pretty much it because its a fix order once you sign the contract.

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
Ah ok. Just wanted to make sure you didn't get a big surprise.

Sent via....

MrGiant

Oh holy hell, I wont buy one, wallet too small I guess[emoji16]
But hopefully I will see some on the streets. But concerning the JL price tag: its only about 10k more than a JL. Similar to the US market.
Prices here include modifications on lights, shipping, import taxes and fees and the paperwork to get it on the road legally with sepcial permissions....thats a huge amount on top of the list price

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

Shadowfire

Dealers that have a 19k market adjustment just need to go broke no one needs crap like that. I imagine their service and parts departments have the same markups why would anyone give them business. When I see that on any model they cary I just walk away from the whole place...thieves and cheats run that place.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Brute

No kidding.
A hellcat challenger. F350 King Ranch or platinum. A corvette. A motor home.
But 84 for a god damn Jeep pickup. Fuuuuck this truck. lol

I can’t believe they can sell them with that type of serious gouging...I’m going to pack my trout rods next year and fly to Idaho to buy one and drive it back...hopefully for $25k less than that...