JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 2 | Rock Crawling Fun in Arizona

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wowzer, another great video. Great action and almost mishaps. Thanks to you, Cindy and the rest of the group for a fun video

So glad you enjoyed it :)

Wow, great video, tons of crazy moments. The word "buggy" trail keep running through my head. Amazing what a built JL in the hands of a good driver and spotter can do. Well done, can't wait for more.

No way any trail is a "buggy trail" if a JL running 37's can get through it eve with a bit of damage. That being said, it was tough trail for sure :crazyeyes:

BeeeCeee

Awesome!

Part 1- Getting together late at night to help wrench on each others' rigs shows how deep the Jeep bond really is.

Part 2- Wheeling was ridiculous! Definitely out of my zone. Only thing I know I could do would be to take a shot or two of whiskey! LOL :beer:. Great job and thanks for sharing!!

MrGiant

Great wheeling! It hurt so much, ripping your fender off, smashing body seems, losing PS. Not to mention the maybe closest not-rollover possible (thanks to the fender), adrenaline from just watching [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I was thinking at the beginning of the video, if Eddie can run without a rear bumper and go rock crawling and isn't concerned about body damage, I might be able to go bumperless.

Then you hit the rocks and changed my mind. Thanks for letting me learn vicariously through you.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
awesome video, nice to see the JL's out in the Wild. Those views when the sun was setting are absolutely beautiful. Great work again Eddy and Cindy :thumb:

wibornz

That pucker factor at 23.25 in the video...WOW. Then the sunset at the end...WOW Then ending in the lodge.....This is what a great day looks like to me. Big thanks for taking me along. Michigan is a long way away, but you make it feel like I am right there.

Big Thanks again.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, thanks for sharing this, all the fun mixed with little scares that happened along the way, and finish it all chilling with some whiskey shots.

All in a days work! So glad to hear you enjoyed the fun we had. :cool:

Awesome!

Part 1- Getting together late at night to help wrench on each others' rigs shows how deep the Jeep bond really is.

Part 2- Wheeling was ridiculous! Definitely out of my zone. Only thing I know I could do would be to take a shot or two of whiskey! LOL :beer:. Great job and thanks for sharing!!

LOL!! Well, we'd love to have you drinking with us if nothing else :D

Great wheeling! It hurt so much, ripping your fender off, smashing body seems, losing PS. Not to mention the maybe closest not-rollover possible (thanks to the fender), adrenaline from just watching [emoji3]

:cheesy: Yes, I'd say you about summed it up :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking at the beginning of the video, if Eddie can run without a rear bumper and go rock crawling and isn't concerned about body damage, I might be able to go bumperless.

Then you hit the rocks and changed my mind. Thanks for letting me learn vicariously through you.

:cheesy: Unfortunately, the pinch seams on the the JL quarter panels do seem to hang down quite a bit more than the JK. It bums me out but clearly, we'll need to explore our options to protect this area.

awesome video, nice to see the JL's out in the Wild. Those views when the sun was setting are absolutely beautiful. Great work again Eddy and Cindy :thumb:

Thank you. We're never 100% sure if people will appreciate the beauty we get to see in places like that. We're glad to know that some do. :cool:

That pucker factor at 23.25 in the video...WOW. Then the sunset at the end...WOW Then ending in the lodge.....This is what a great day looks like to me. Big thanks for taking me along. Michigan is a long way away, but you make it feel like I am right there.

Big Thanks again.

Awesome, we're so glad to hear we've been able to share our experiences with you :)

DavidDJL69

You and Cindy are awesome in this video. I give you both a lot of credit for wheeling a brand new JL on such difficult trails, to the point of sustaining body damage. I might try that with my 99 TJ but don’t think I’m ready to do that with my expensive, new JL. Just sayin....but I love watching the group work together to help each other out. Appropro toast of good whiskey at the end completes the journey, body damage aside!

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You and Cindy are awesome in this video. I give you both a lot of credit for wheeling a brand new JL on such difficult trails, to the point of sustaining body damage. I might try that with my 99 TJ but don’t think I’m ready to do that with my expensive, new JL. Just sayin....but I love watching the group work together to help each other out. Appropro toast of good whiskey at the end completes the journey, body damage aside!

To be honest, I think we would have preferred running this trail in Moby, our JK running 40's and sitting on EVO DTD's but we knew what we were getting ourselves into. A trip like this is intended for manufacturers and vendors to push their Jeeps to the limit and test out their handy work. Granted, we went more as journalists but driving our own JL helped us to really experience what everyone else was going through.

JAGS

To be honest, I think we would have preferred running this trail in Moby, our JK running 40's and sitting on EVO DTD's but we knew what we were getting ourselves into. A trip like this is intended for manufacturers and vendors to push their Jeeps to the limit and test out their handy work. Granted, we went more as journalists but driving our own JL helped us to really experience what everyone else was going through.

Would have been great to see moby flexing out. Not one JL on a DTD type set up. Think just coilovers, right? And just a couple of the rigs were running Mel’s suspensions.

I’m not looking for the most economical lift, but it is hard not to think about the Rancho set up. But the king bling as well as their the coilovers sure looked good Harris’s and Mel’s rig’s.

Will you be doing any more install/review vids on the new driveshafts and other bits? Ya know, because you have all the free time. [emoji6][emoji12] Ha ha.

aust249

So good! I was pumped watching this video. Epic vistas and views, hardcore crawling, and some candid and comic relief moments. You guys have your own style putting these out and they’re definitely entertaining. Cheers! On a side note, it’s awesome to see what is capable with a well built rig running parts the average Joe can afford. Y’all have steered me towards the Rancho kit and it does not disappoint.

BillArnett

At about 1:00 in there's a shot of the PSC jeep held up with one of the new ARB Jacks. Eddie, can you say anything about how it worked out? Sure, it's expensive but if it really works well it might be worth it...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Would have been great to see moby flexing out. Not one JL on a DTD type set up. Think just coilovers, right? And just a couple of the rigs were running Mel’s suspensions.

I’m not looking for the most economical lift, but it is hard not to think about the Rancho set up. But the king bling as well as their the coilovers sure looked good Harris’s and Mel’s rig’s.

Will you be doing any more install/review vids on the new driveshafts and other bits? Ya know, because you have all the free time. [emoji6][emoji12] Ha ha.

Sorry for not seeing this sooner. Yes, definitely got more install videos coming your way. Just need to get the JLX done first :yup:

Love part 2, looking forward to the next one..............

I won't lie, all the epic wheeling happened in part 2 but we hope you'll still tune in for part 3.:cool:

So good! I was pumped watching this video. Epic vistas and views, hardcore crawling, and some candid and comic relief moments. You guys have your own style putting these out and they’re definitely entertaining. Cheers! On a side note, it’s awesome to see what is capable with a well built rig running parts the average Joe can afford. Y’all have steered me towards the Rancho kit and it does not disappoint.

LOL!! Awesome, glad we could be of help pointing you in a cost savings direction that really works.

At about 1:00 in there's a shot of the PSC jeep held up with one of the new ARB Jacks. Eddie, can you say anything about how it worked out? Sure, it's expensive but if it really works well it might be worth it...

Works like a glorified Hi-Lift. If you're running coilovers and need to unload them on the trail, I suppose it's about as useful as a Hi-Lift.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
If there's just one word I could use to describe the 2nd day of the 2018 Nitto JL-Experience presented by KMC - I'd have to say EPIC!! After leaving our hotel in Laughlin, Nevada, we crossed over into Arizona, made our way to Bullhead City and then headed up into the foothills of the Black Mountains. After spending some time bombing our way through some crazy fun desert washes, we found ourselves on an old mining trail filled with big rocks and nasty obstacles and ones that would put all our JL Wranglers to the test. We also made a lunch stop in the historic town of Oatman before hitting the trail again to soak in a stunning desert sunset and then ended our day at an old mountain retreat, up in the Hualapai Mountains. Fortunately, the the rock crawling did allow us to get in a bit more filming from the outside but the constant need to be on the move and stay out of the way of the film crew, limited us as to what we could get. In other words, you'll get to see a lot of our JL and shots of anyone who might have been immediately around us. Needless to say, we apologize for not being able to get more footage of everyone else and we hope that you're still able to enjoy Episode 2 of REUNION, for what it is.

It should be noted that 3 of the 10 JL Wranglers in our group were running 40" Trail Grapplers and everyone except for us was either running King or Fox coilovers or shocks. In other words, we did all that you seen in this video with just a basic and pocket friendly, Rancho 3.5" lift. :cool:

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you missed your chance to WIN a pair of all NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our new drawing and a WINNER will be selected at random and announced before our next video release. :cool:

View attachment 314831

I’ve been crazy busy, and just got to watch this. What a great video!

1. Who knew cacti would stick on tires?

2. That part where Mel almost flopped was insane!

3. Discount Tire has an awesome pickup.
IMG_2903.JPG

4. The sunset scene was beautiful!

5. I’d love to visit that Jack Ass town.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I’ve been crazy busy, and just got to watch this. What a great video!

1. Who knew cacti would stick on tires?

2. That part where Mel almost flopped was insane!

3. Discount Tire has an awesome pickup.
View attachment 7247

4. The sunset scene was beautiful!

5. I’d love to visit that Jack Ass town.

That’s Mel’s truck not discount tire.