Lod signature front bump & zeon

Jesse_01

What about this. I don’t have the LoD bumper but to get the Zeon installed in mine. I installed the winch plate. Set the winch on it without bolting it down. Then slid the bumper on. That way I could slide the winch side to side to get to the bumper bolts. Then tightened the winch down. I just looked at their directions and that might work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Not enough room once the winch is in there. Tried that last night.

I double checked my grill with 3 other Jeep's at the dealership, they are all the same distance from grill to radiator. So it's not the Jeep.

Jeep JL

Hello, I did give you guys a call this morning. I was told that there is lots of these bumpers out there with zeon winches. So I was trying to find someone that had one to compare. The guy I talked to said he didn't know what could cause the issues & to either return the bumper or they could ship out more shims. Here is how I have the shims installed.

View attachment 6658

Shims look the same as mine and I have almost 7 inches.

image.jpg

Jeep JL

Thank you for the picture. I wonder if maybe my grill wasn't installed correctly from factory or a change in the build process.

Did you have to pop the grill out on yours to get the winch in?

I did not have to touch the grill, although I do believe the Warn VR 10 winch is a touch smaller than the zeon. Either way I have 7” from the top and more by sliding it under the light tab from the side.

Jesse_01

I did not have to touch the grill, although I do believe the Warn VR 10 winch is a touch smaller than the zeon. Either way I have 7” from the top and more by sliding it under the light tab from the side.

The bull bar on yours is different then the shorty. The shorty bull bar is narrower.

Just got off of the phone with Northridge 4x4, they had one store install one same as mine. Apparently it was a pain, they installed the winch on the winch plate then put the bumper on. He told me they used need Snap-on angled wrenches.

So I guess I have to go find the snap on truck now. 🤯[emoji379]

IMG_2083.JPGIMG_2090.JPG

Jesse_01

Let’s see the pics!!

I will take some pics in the daylight. I took the 2 outer spacers on the front bumper & doubled them up with the inner spacers. Front bumper fits good now. I had to take a die grinder to the bumper mounting bracket on the jeep so the Zeon wouldn't rub against the frame.

So far the jeep sits as a

2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
3.5" EVO long arm
37x12.5x17 Cooper STT
5:13 Gears
Dirty Life Beadlock Wheels
LOD Signature Stubby Front Bumper
LOD Destroyer Stubby Rear Bumper
Warn Zeon 10-S
Tazer programmer
Muffler delete
Clayton front & rear Track Bars

Waiting on MetalCloak Overland Tube fenders to ship. Not sure what on what rock sliders yet.

This is the Wife's DD/Wheeler, I wheel a 06 TJ lol. Possibly looking at a 2012 JKU thought, to move up to a 4 door.

NFRs2000NYC

Maybe I missed it, but how did you end up getting the winch on? This bumper is on my VERY short list (stubby, allows for a sunken winch but keeping the OEM fogs) but I can't stand having installation/fitment issues. Also, those dirty life wheels look bitchin' on there. I was going to go with those, but they are a tad heavier than I'd like so I may consider running the method 105s instead, but damn they do look good.