Torque settings for Fox shocks in the Dynatrac 2" Lift

Shots

Possibly, but from the responses I've gotten, it sounds like the ride will be better with a kit that has springs/shocks than it will be with a spacer kit. Eddie and Dynatrac both point that out on this thread too, which was helpful, but not what I was asking. That information I already had, because that info actually is able to be found on multiple threads.

Using a kit like this has been my intention, and I even mention that before everyone assumed I was trying to compare this kit to a spacer kit. Sorry if I somehow confused everyone when I mention the Daystar kit. I didn't come here asking for the cheapest kit available, or even saying I though the Dynatrac kit was overpriced. I was only asking if anyone knew why this kit was several hundred dollars more than similar kits (Rancho for example at $650). I know I'm not the only one who has had the same question. Jetboy posted a very similar question on a thread (lift confusion): ".....Like the reports on Dynatrac. But still not understanding the 1200$ price for shocks and springs. W/no arms ect. So manny others have lots of parts at that price point. Guess I’m missing something.
" He didn't really get an answer either, until another member makes the mistake of mentioning the Daystar kit, after which everyone is happy to tell them how the spring/shock kit is better than a spacer kit. Okay, that's great we get it. That's why we're asking about spring/shock kit vs spring/shock kit. Yet, several pages later nobody ever gave a reason why this kit is more than similar kits.

I guess there is a conclusion to be made from those lack of responses. Maybe there is no reason, which is why nobody can give one. Instead the answer is always side-stepped, or deflected to the cheaper kits, which it makes sense that it cost more than those.
Maybe the Rancho kit is the way to go. After all, Eddie really seemed to like it: ".....I still find it hard to believe that a $640 set of coils and entry level shocks can actually provide a ride as nice as this and offer a decent amount of flex too....", ".... After this off-road test I'd have to say that this kit really is a much better way to give your JL Wrangler a boost and on a budget....."
But then I'm back to my dilemma. Is the Dynatrac kit worth spending the extra money? Again quoting Eddie "....this may very well be the perfect entry level lift kit made for the daily driven Jeep...." That's a big claim, surely there's a reason for such a claim. Is it worth an extra $600 over the Rancho kit?

Last edited:

WiscoHR

Possibly, but from the responses I've gotten, it sounds like the ride will be better with a kit that has springs/shocks than it will be with a spacer kit. Eddie and Dynatrac both point that out on this thread too, which was helpful, but not what I was asking. That information I already had, because that info actually is able to be found on multiple threads.

Using a kit like this has been my intention, and I even mention that before everyone assumed I was trying to compare this kit to a spacer kit. Sorry if I somehow confused everyone when I mention the Daystar kit. I didn't come here asking for the cheapest kit available, or even saying I though the Dynatrac kit was overpriced. I was only asking if anyone knew why this kit was several hundred dollars more than similar kits (Rancho for example at $650). I know I'm not the only one who has had the same question. Jetboy posted a very similar question on a thread (lift confusion): ".....Like the reports on Dynatrac. But still not understanding the 1200$ price for shocks and springs. W/no arms ect. So manny others have lots of parts at that price point. Guess I’m missing something.
" He didn't really get an answer either, until another member makes the mistake of mentioning the Daystar kit, after which everyone is happy to tell them how the spring/shock kit is better than a spacer kit. Okay, that's great we get it. That's why we're asking about spring/shock kit vs spring/shock kit. Yet, several pages later nobody ever gave a reason why this kit is more than similar kits.

I guess there is a conclusion to be made from those lack of responses. Maybe there is no reason, which is why nobody can give one. Instead the answer is always side-stepped, or deflected to the cheaper kits, which it makes sense that it cost more than those.
Maybe the Rancho kit is the way to go. After all, Eddie really seemed to like it: ".....I still find it hard to believe that a $640 set of coils and entry level shocks can actually provide a ride as nice as this and offer a decent amount of flex too....", ".... After this off-road test I'd have to say that this kit really is a much better way to give your JL Wrangler a boost and on a budget....."
But then I'm back to my dilemma. Is the Dynatrac kit worth spending the extra money? Again quoting Eddie "....this may very well be the perfect entry level lift kit made for the daily driven Jeep...." That's a big claim, surely there's a reason for such a claim. Is it worth an extra $600 over the Rancho kit?

The price difference between the Rancho and Dynatrac kits is the costs of the shocks. Fox shocks cost more. When I was shopping for my lift, I knew I was going with EVO 2.5” plush ride springs. Then I shopped for matching shocks. The King 2.5” from EVO are around $2400, and the Rancho RS5000X I went with cost me right around $200.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Shots

THANK YOU.

That makes more sense. Still a price jump, but at least some of it is coming from somewhere.

JP223/3USA

I currently have a 2.5” Readylift spacer lift. I found that with 4 people and gear in the back my coils were struggling. I’ve only had the spacer lift for under 2 months and I decided to do it right this time. I just ordered the EnduroSport lift today. I ordered a different lift a few days ago but cancelled it because I kept second guessing my decision. I trust what Eddie says because he tests these products harder than the majority of us.

In Eddie we trust

Last edited:

aug0211

I currently have a 2.5” Readylift spacer lift. I found that with 4 people and gear in the back my coils were struggling. I’ve only had the spacer lift for under 2 months and I decided to do it right this time. I just ordered the EnduroSport lift today. I ordered a different lift a few days ago but cancelled it because I kept second guessing my decision. I trust what Eddie says because he tests these products harder than the majority of us.

In Eddie we trust

Awesome! You might be the first to provide feedback with the new crush sleeves.

Are you installing yourself, or will a shop do yours?

Would you mind sharing your results once you’ve got everything on? Curious about your overall impressions as well as how the new crush sleeves handle with the torque.

drhcobra

Would you mind sharing your results once you’ve got everything on? Curious about your overall impressions as well as how the new crush sleeves handle with the torque.

Problem solved, see below. The sleeves I made are very close to what you would get from Dynatrac.

FWIW for those who are still concerned about the sleeve issue. I made some flanged sleeves and installed them today. I can confirm that this will solve the problem. Everything straight and solid and tight, no mushy feel. I stuck with the 65 Ft/lbs although it felt like it could handle more. Love the ride!

View attachment 6181

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Can you repeat the question?

JP223/3USA

The lift is on back order so I’m assuming it will be shipped in a couple of weeks. I will be doing the lift myself because I like to be intimate with my Jeep. Jack her up, drink some beer and get intimate.

JP223/3USA

Sure. Is the Dynatrac kit worth an extra $600 over the Rancho (or similar) kit?

Dynatrac claims their linear coils will not sag over time. For them to make that claim they’ve put in a lot of time, money and effort to make a superior product. If one does have a defect and fails, Dynatrac has the reputation to keep the customers happy. I don’t believe I have seen any other lift manufacturers make that claim. The Fox shocks are rebuildable so they should last the life of your Jeep. I plan to keep my Jl for another 8 yrs until the next generation comes out. I want a one and done lift. I hope this clarifies and all your answers are answered.

Last edited:

Shots

Thanks for the opinions. It seems everyone here is happy with it, which is consistent with the reviews I've read.
After what seems like more effort than should have been required, I was able to get some good info about what sets this kit apart (some here, and a lot on other forums). Now I just have to decide if I want this kit, or to go with one that addresses camber and track offset/shift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the opinions. It seems everyone here is happy with it, which is consistent with the reviews I've read.
After what seems like more effort than should have been required, I was able to get some good info about what sets this kit apart (some here, and a lot on other forums). Now I just have to decide if I want this kit, or to go with one that addresses camber and track offset/shift.

Being that you got "a lot on other forums", why not do yourself a favor and spend more of your time over there. Clearly, they are better at telling you want you want to hear.

JTCO

Meme King

Wow. I can't imagine how you deal with home projects.
You must spend the whole summer researching the best yet cheapest supplies and calling around to every shop in the nation and then when you're actually ready to build the fence, the summer is over. I'm sure you tell the people at Lowe's how helpful the Home Depot staff is too. :crazyeyes:

aug0211

Wow. I can't imagine how you deal with home projects.
You must spend the whole summer researching the best yet cheapest supplies and calling around to every shop in the nation and then when you're actually ready to build the fence, the summer is over. I'm sure you tell the people at Lowe's how helpful the Home Depot staff is too. :crazyeyes:

I’m guilty of the first part, for sure. I definitely spend more time researching products and price shopping than I would say the average consumer does. This does mean it takes me longer to make a purchase. And I’m sure a lot of people get exasperated with my questions while I’m trying to learn from others’ experience - sorry about that, guys, and thanks for being patient with me.

I don’t have unlimited funds and I’ve found that if I am not methodical in my purchasing process, I often have buyer’s remorse due to finding either a better deal or product that better meets my goals. I need to buy once whenever possible to manage the cost, and I tend to put a lot of pressure on that purchase since I know I won’t buy a second time AND I recognize how picky I am about little things that I probably shouldn’t care so much about... but I do care, so what can I do?

In other words, I’m point at myself and chuckling - yep, guilty here! I do sometimes wish I stressed the details a bit less so that I could make decisions more quickly and not stress about the little stuff.

For example, I bought three Mopar steel front bumpers and returned two because the first two had scratches into the metal when I received them. The third even has some scratches but I eventually had to settle for it because I literally could not find any other inventory. It kills me that I spent almost $1k on a product that did not start from a “perfect” starting point. I wish I was bothered less by those few scratches, since I can’t do anything about it and ultimately it doesn’t hurt anything :)