JL Lift Kits

Nolocke

Oh, okay. I see which kit you're looking at. Just out of curiosity, how many factory control arms have you personally seen crack before?
I didn't realize there was a kit without it?

I've seen a couple on the JK's, and for the record I was using the control arms as a example.

I joined the forum looking for info, and share what "misinformation" I had and not to be trolled.

Sent from my Galaxy S8

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't realize there was a kit without it?

I've seen a couple on the JK's, and for the record I was using the control arms as a example.

I joined the forum looking for info, and share what "misinformation" I had and not to be trolled.

:cheesy: My apology. I was under the impression that we were having a conversation. I didn't realize this was all about you and what you had to "share" and that any interjection from anyone else would be seen as "trolling".

Carry on with yourself and have a good day. :yup:

Four Flusher

For 35's, a LOT of people are really loving the Mopar 2" lift. It's really all you need and Mopar has spent a lot of time making sure it offers a nice ride. If it were me, that's what I would go with.

My plan is to keep it simple on my JLUR. KO2 in 315/70/70 on stock rims. I see you're running the EVO 2.5 Budget boost. Thought I'd follow your path. So, I'm wondering about your thoughts on comparing the EVO budget vs the Mopar 2"?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My plan is to keep it simple on my JLUR. KO2 in 315/70/70 on stock rims. I see you're running the EVO 2.5 Budget boost. Thought I'd follow your path. So, I'm wondering about your thoughts on comparing the EVO budget vs the Mopar 2"?

Unfortunately, comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges. The Mopar kit comes with really soft coils, better quality shocks and running a load range C tire will make for a really nice ride. Load range E 37x13.50 tires alone will give a much rougher ride unless you run them at 30 psi or less and mounted on beadlock wheels will make it difficult for the factory shocks (what we're running on the EVO kit) to keep up with the significantly heavier weight. As a whole, I would say that our ride quality has suffered a bit with the EVO kit or at least off road and we're already looking to upgrade our shocks to see if that'll help things out, especially when driving fast off road. Of course, you can't really run 37's with the Mopar kit.

JTCO

Meme King
BDS/Zone. Great priced kit for the budget jeeper. That's why I bought it on my WJ. 1000 miles later, the shock bushings failed. BDS said bushings aren't covered. After fighting with them, they agreed to replace the bushings however, I had to drive 40 miles to pick them up at a BDS approved shop. I said fuck it because I realized 1000 miles later I'd be dealing with it again. Not long after, a control arm bushing came loose from their arm. Along with that the coils rode like shit overtime and ride quality was unstable. And this is not my daily driver. I would imagine all of this happened within a couple years and within 10k. I have re-purchased several of the parts with other brands and wish I had started with quality parts to begin with. It's expensive to be cheap.

JTCO

Meme King
And i can only assume the Mopar kits will be made of Chinese steel. So now with the Trump tariffs, it may not be much cheaper to run a non-US lift kit. :D

ocrejects

LOL!! The 2" Mopar kit does not come with control arms, just coils, shocks and a few other small parts. If you were to crack a control arm, that would be an OE part and it would be covered under warranty. BDS is own by Fox and guess what - those are the shocks you'd get with the Mopar kit. As far as coils go - there are countless people who are running the Mopar coils now and all I've heard are positive reviews about how comfortable they are. I don't know if I've heard of a single person talk about the BDS coils. But hey, if you're happy with what you chose to buy, that's all that matters. Not like I work for Mopar or anything. :crazyeyes:

FYI, the Mopar comes with two control arms I have the kid in my garage and it has a Warranty

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Well, it's funny. The lift being a Mopar Performance Part there isn't actually any warranty on it (control arms, shocks, springs etc) so, if somehow i cracked a control arm I have to pay out of pocket for a new one.

BDS have a no questions asked warranty. If it breaks they fix it for free. The dealership I bought my Jeep from takes care of all that for me.

Sent from my Galaxy S8

Apparently, there is a warranty on the Mopar kit. Your guy at the dealer, is blowing sunshine up your skirt.

https://mopar.chromedata.com/NextGen/C1111#/productDetails/11350264/280340584

IMG_1506.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Four Flusher

Unfortunately, comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges. The Mopar kit comes with really soft coils, better quality shocks and running a load range C tire will make for a really nice ride. Load range E 37x13.50 tires alone will give a much rougher ride unless you run them at 30 psi or less and mounted on beadlock wheels will make it difficult for the factory shocks (what we're running on the EVO kit) to keep up with the significantly heavier weight. As a whole, I would say that our ride quality has suffered a bit with the EVO kit or at least off road and we're already looking to upgrade our shocks to see if that'll help things out, especially when driving fast off road. Of course, you can't really run 37's with the Mopar kit.

Thanks for the response. Looks like the Mopar's the simple and comfortable route which is what I'm after. I am curious now as to why you can't or maybe I should say shouldn't run 37's with that lift?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the response. Looks like the Mopar's the simple and comfortable route which is what I'm after. I am curious now as to why you can't or maybe I should say shouldn't run 37's with that lift?

Well, you probably could but you'd need to run taller bump stop extensions to make it work. That being said, I need to point out yet again that a lot of the ride quality change I feel now are caused by the 37's I'm running. More than likely, you would still feel that with the Mopar kit too.

Four Flusher

Well, you probably could but you'd need to run taller bump stop extensions to make it work. That being said, I need to point out yet again that a lot of the ride quality change I feel now are caused by the 37's I'm running. More than likely, you would still feel that with the Mopar kit too.

Thanks for the clarification. I love the fact that you answer all questions. When my JLUR shows up I'd like to meet you and Cindy in person, we're darn near neighbors. I'm not trying to be a stalker but from watching your videos from your house, my best guess is east of 395, north of the airport.

WWRuby_Svi

I was talking the GM at my dealer about Mopar parts and the warranty they offer. He basically said that you have to get the parts installed by the dealership so that they know it’s installed by a trained professional (I didn’t ask about another off-road shop) and and obviously needs to be used per the design. Even if the dealership knows you’re good for the install Jeep could still deny paying for repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app